Home Forums General Discussion something we may all be forgetting once in awhile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

you know how stress affects the immune system. maybe we could conduct an experiment. lets all spend 15-20 minutes a day laughing. at the end of one week lets judge how much better or worse we feel and be honest about it. laughter is the best medicine and i decided to dig up an article for all. I will be starting this trial of my own once i get a few people on board who are willing to give this a try. 15-20 minutes of solid laughter every day for two weeks. read the article before commiting and we will see what happens. πŸ˜†

http://www.suite101.com/content/laughter-the-safe-medicine-to-take-a124089

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Does laughing from tickling count? πŸ˜†

Valsmum
    Participant

This sounds kind of embarrasing, but the show AFV, America’s Funniest Home Videos always makes me laugh, so I guess I’ll try the experiment with you. I’ll be watching AFV all week and I”ll see if this is a better week for me.

gordbentley
    Participant

my drive to school is a half hour. when i hit the highway im throwing on the comedy channel on the radio. stand up gets me laughing.

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: Aynurrsepa I think tickling will cause uncontrolable laughter but only should be counted if it can be controled. It will also help our immune systems and the world when we smile more at each other. Joe

judy cash
    Participant

Gord,
    I read the article, and I love it……. I think I will try……..If you need a good laugh go to YOU TUBE and type in funny people or crazy people doing funny or crazy things, also the funny animal videos , it has me laughing until my kid make fun of me……….a
    Judy :

davew
    Participant

@Valsmum wrote:

This sounds kind of embarrasing, but the show AFV, America’s Funniest Home Videos always makes me laugh, so I guess I’ll try the experiment with you. I’ll be watching AFV all week and I”ll see if this is a better week for me.

That’s what I watch when I need a good laugh. That show has some really funny stuff!

Suzanne
    Participant

@davew wrote:

@Valsmum wrote:

That’s what I watch when I need a good laugh. That show has some really funny stuff!

I’m thinking of you both right now, as my daughter is in the other room laughing her head off, watching AFV!!!!! Too funny, she found it on her own and I had just read these posts earlier.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

gordbentley
    Participant

my fiance loves that show. comedy is my favourite form of entertainment next to hockey. im watching the hockey right now though. GO LEAFS GO!! LOL were the worst team in the NHL

davew
    Participant

@Suzanne wrote:

@davew wrote:

@Valsmum wrote:

I’m thinking of you both right now, as my daughter is in the other room laughing her head off, watching AFV!!!!! Too funny, she found it on her own and I had just read these posts earlier.

Go join her Suzanne! It’s even funnier when you share..
    πŸ™‚

Suzanne
    Participant

Dave,

I did join her and I did have a few laughs myself, but it didn’t quite match the joy I get from just hearing her laugh so happily! It is music to my ears.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Valsmum
    Participant

Suzanne,
    I love watching my kids laugh too. Sometimes they all sit piled on top of each other like the puppies in 101 Dalmations watching the tele, it’s so cute. The baby doesn’t even know what she is laughing at, she just laughs because the kids are laughing.
    Sheri

Suzanne
    Participant

@Valsmum wrote:

The baby doesn’t even know what she is laughing at, she just laughs because the kids are laughing.
    Sheri

Oh, you make me miss those days! I remember my little one doing that.

motherbear
    Participant

Gord is on the button.

My side of the family have all got great sense of humours which we use throughout the day.
    My son thank goodness has got a great one too.
    It has been laughter that has got us here so far and without it I really think we would be in a deep dark hole somewhere.
    We do the silliest of things and just laugh so hard that we hurt.

I feel so much better for it.

Caroline πŸ˜€

Patti D
    Participant

We watch Americas funniest home videos too! Laughing is definitely the best(next to mino) medicine πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.