Home Forums General Discussion Sleeping Fingers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    swaltermire
    Participant

Hi All,
    My fingers have been asleep for about three weeks now. The intensity varies, but the tip of the middle finger on my left hand has been numb since the whole issue started. Other fingers sometimes have no numbness, or just minimal numbness. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it related to RA? I had thought it was related when I first experienced it, but now I am wondering. I started AP this week with daily clindamycin IVs since Monday (today is Thursday). I haven’t noticed a huge improvement in RA yet (I know that it’s not going to happen overnight), but I have noticed slight overall improvement in all of my joints. The problem is the numbness in the hands – it is hurting more than the RA at times. I had thought I’d go to a chiro for help with this, but wanted to get started on AP first to see if it helped. I started taking extra magnesium today as I read that it is supposed to help. I’d love to hear any input/help some of you can give. Thanks so much. Sheila

kristie
    Participant

Hi Sheila!
    I don’t know if this is the same thing, but…When I was pregnant I had carpal tunnel and that made my thumb, index and middle fingers feel like they were asleep. Wearing a splint relieves it a bit. I put carpal tunnel in the search engine and did get some hits, maybe something there will help you. Hopefully someone else will chime in. 🙂
    Kristie

swaltermire
    Participant

Thanks Kristie,
    I do have some splints. I may try them – it’s just hard to get them on with the RA.

Sheila

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sheila
    It is not unusual to get numbness in fingers, hands, lower arms with these diseases. It seems to be part of the range of symptoms. I used to get this sometimes when I woke up in the mornings – my arms would be raised and numb from elbow down. I needed to shake and massage them quite a bit before they normalised. This was way before I found started AP (in 2003) and my GP then told me it was just because I was sleeping awkwardly. It resolved, as did alot of other strange things, after about 6 months on AP.

You will find alot of past discussion on this if you use the search function. Go to search box at top of General Discussion front page where topics are listed. Type in something like “numbness” and alot of posts will come up for you to look through.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.