Home Forums General Discussion Skin Color Changes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nico
    Participant

Was just interested in any other AP users having skin color changes, skin on face taking on a bluish color. It is not pretty, and makeup hardly covers it up. I have been on 1,000 vitamin C for several weeks now and haven’t seen a change so I have went to a lower dose of Minocyclene 100 mg. M-W-F to see if it will help at all, I would be really interested in hearing from anyone who is experiencing the same symptoms. I have been on Minocyclene since 2008, with very few side effects, this one I don’ t like much at all… ๐Ÿ˜•
    Thanks, Nico

PhilC
    Participant

I noticed a tiny, bluish-grey spot on my left cheek a little more than a week ago. It is small enough that a friend didn’t even notice it until I pointed it out to him. I take 1500 mg of vitamin C per day, so I doubt that taking vitamin C will prevent these spots from forming. On the other hand, perhaps the spot would have been bigger if I hadn’t been taking vitamin C. If the spot is still there in a month or so I will try to figure out a way to get rid of it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Nico
    Participant

Thats good to know that your already on Vitamin c and it hasnt changed it. This is what I read in a post several weeks ago, that it helped. after 5 years on Miocylene, I cant imagine why it would show up now and its a silver dollar size not attractive at all.
    I will keep on looking for something I really hate to give up the AP program cause I really believe it has helped me..
    Thanks, Nico

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Nico,

I read that a dermatologist can remove the discoloration using a laser, so that may be something you’ll want to consider. Also, since you reduced your dose of minocycline it might be prudent to supplement it by taking doxycycline on the days that you’re no longer taking minocycline. Something to discuss with your doctor…

Some of the info in this discussion may also be helpful:
    Anyone turning blue from Minocin?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

A Friend
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

I noticed a tiny, bluish-grey spot on my left cheek a little more than a week ago. It is small enough that a friend didn’t even notice it until I pointed it out to him. I take 1500 mg of vitamin C per day, so I doubt that taking vitamin C will prevent these spots from forming. On the other hand, perhaps the spot would have been bigger if I hadn’t been taking vitamin C. If the spot is still there in a month or so I will try to figure out a way to get rid of it.

Phil

Nico, Phil,

Am following your posts with interest… and am wondering if either of you have done OR are doing some of the detoxification measures like Far Infrared Sauna sweating and replenishing minerals lost during this; and using drinks (especially the Lemon/Olive Oil drinks)? Over a number of years, I’ve come to believe if some of these protocols were done every night, or daily (the drinks on an empty stomach at bedtime) for a while, they could help detoxify the liver and restore the pH to a better balance. [And let’s not forget the coffee enemas. As distasteful as this may sound, when needed the coffee enemas can perform miracles of detoxing problems (sometimes when we are in acute pain and think we’ll surely not survive… my first experience with C’E’s was during such a time… and what a way to learn about them!!!!! But learn I did, and impressed I was!]

My thinking/understanding is that our liver has to detoxify everything in our bloodstream on an ongoing basis 24/7… and maybe even moreso during that period of time about 2 to 3 am when our metabolic detoxification is said to be done. Also, as I understand it, what the liver cannot handle (detox) because of volume, etc. the body stores excess acidic wastes in the tissues, etc. (any place it can, as far away from vital organs as it can to protect them). When we are on therapies that result in a lot of die-off (or our body has been battling for a long time, including liver support sounds intelligent), we need to drink lots of pure water (some added lemon juice and C powder, etc. if we like) to help neutralize the toxins and flush them from the body. Also, taking a known supplement that supports the liver (i.e., Silymarin) was supported by Dr. K during my last visit, when she was glancing over my supplement list. She mentioned to get one with Curcumin in it. I’ve decided to always take the Silymarin with Curcumin, as I’m no spring chicken and my poor liver over the years, I’m sure, has taken a beating.
    I especially thought of liver support when the ImmunoPro I’d doubled up on last year began (I’m sure it was that) detoxing through the skin of my upper leg… “weird” I thought.. but read a few days ago — in a scientific explanation about nondenatured whey protein– that it was a “urticarial reaction”.

So, in essence, I’m wondering if the bluish color is a residue from detoxification (?) that is being stored away from your vital organs??? (Personally, I wouldn’t think about using lazer treatment, etc., at this stage, because I believe our bodies can, eventually, turn things like this around, when it does not have such a heavy load to detox, and has the capability to bring the blue out of storage and flush it out of the body. I’ve read that most of our organs can repair themselves… except the kidneys… and that’s what I believe the body is also doing: protecting the kidneys by trying to store toxins that it can’t (at the time) neutralize because its minerals needed to do this have been used up… temporarily.

Hope this makes sense…
    AF

Nico
    Participant

A good detox can hardly hurt, and much needed somedays, but I will leave the C.E.s to others to try, and everyone has something that works, and your comments are appreciated. I use laser treatment about once a year for Tengelatis marks, it really works but is only temporary fix. My main question is mostly could a change from Minocin to minecloyene (Generic) could of caused this?
    When Canada quit selling minocin I had to go to the generic made by Watson. Anyone else who changed notice any skin color change? I would go back and take Minocin if I could find it here in the states.
    Happy Memorial Day to everyone, have been looking forwards to summer for a long time ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    Nico

June3443
    Participant

I, too, am experiencing bluing around my ankles along with “liver” spots n my lower legs. I am now getting a bluish dark spot on my upper lip. About a month ago I cut my dosage of Ranbaxy minocyclne from 200 mg a day to 200 mg MWF to see if it would help with the discoloration.

I tried to change my generic minocycline to the pelleted Aknemin minocycline but it made me have muscle and joint pain so I switched back to the Ranbaxy. I have been able to keep my symptoms under control on the MWF dose except I still have the skin discoloration. I am hoping the lower dose will eventually help the discoloration.

I have been on minocycline since 2009 so maybe that is about the time the bluing begins. I was taking milk thistle but stopped. I will try the suggestions A Friend suggested to detox. I am to have my liver panel checked in a couple of weeks.

I also have tried to put strawberries (vitamin c), vinegar and bleaching creams, but still have the spots. I am interested in hearing from others who have treated this problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.