Home Forums General Discussion sjogrens syndrome

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SS
    Participant

Hi Everybody:

I have been on antibiotics for 13 years and my lupus is in remission for nearly 5 years.
    As I have MCTD sjogrens ANA was high so I was trying with tear drops and added Biotin to my regime.
    First I started Biotin with minimum dosage and went up to 1000 microgram and after few months checked the ANA .
    Fortunately the ANA went down from 1: 360 to 1: 80 and I see big improvement in my symptoms.
    Just my experience so always consult your doctor.

Thanks
    ss

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

SS,

So glad you are doing well on AP for your lupus and sjogrens. We would love to get your story of recovery to post on our Testimonials page. Please let us know if you are willing. We have found that stories of recovery from real people seem to be the most powerful influence on a patients willingness to step out of the box to pursue this treatment.

You can send your story to testimonials@roadback.org

I am also interested to hear more on the Biotin, what it helps with, how you discovered it to treat your condition, etc.

~ Cheryl

SS
    Participant

Hi Cheryl F:

Thank you for the email and I will be sending my story of recovery soon.

Road back and the members have given me my health back and I am indebted to them.

I had thinning of hair and the nails with ridges and discoloration on the sides of the nails so did

some research and found biotin which is also a vitamin B7. It had no side effects so started with the low dose

and now increased it. I am on 1000 mcg from January 2013 and my eye and mouth dryness improved so checked

the ANA and found it had dropped down.

I thought it might help some Sjogrens patients so wrote my experience.

I will soon post my recovery story.

Regard
    ss

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.