Home Forums General Discussion Sinus Infection, what to do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I have a sinus infection and my primary care doctor wanted to take me off the minicycline to put me on a stronger antiobiotic for the sinus infection but I said no because I didn’t want to interfear with the protocal but i’m not getting better from the sinus infection. My question is what do you do when you get a cold or infection and have to go to the doctor and they want to presribe more antibiotics for the sickeness? Is it ok?

sandrabonfield
    Participant

Hello. I had continual sinus infections, I believe caused by Humira during December Jan and February. I had only started the AP protocol the previous October so was upset as I had to stop Mino off and on during that time. I was given different antibiotis and also left a five day gap each time before re starting Min. None of the antibiotics worked so eventually I took Doxy, still stopped Mino Hope this helps – Sandra.

richie
    Participant

Hi any antibiotic in the macrolide family can be taken right along with minocycline –whenever I get a sinus or throat infection I take a z-pack right along with the minocycline –never a problem —
    richie

JeffN
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi any antibiotic in the macrolide family can be taken right along with minocycline –whenever I get a sinus or throat infection I take a z-pack right along with the minocycline –never a problem —
    richie

This. Both my doctors and pharmacist said taking both at the same time was fine.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your feedback!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.