Home Forums General Discussion Septic Arthritis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Davit
    Participant

Seems I have Septic Arthritis in my left ankle. I had had staph infection and it was presumed I had it again. I don’t know what the culprit is, It could be Staph or it could be E coli or Micoplasma. Any way I have had my lowest ESR and white cell count while taking IV Ancef for it. Interestingly enough both Staph and Micoplasma are gram positive, even though micoplasma do not stain. (so there is no easy way to tell they are there.) Another thing is though the joint is swollen and very painful it is not hot and only hurts to stand on it or lift it. And it does hurt. One week on IV and I can put some weight on it. Thank God Ancef is not first line for micoplasma or I would have a grand daddy of a herx. All other joints are fine except for previous damage. While reading about this I discovered that twenty percent of people on DMARDs that get staph infection die. There is also some concern that the newer DMARDs replacing MTX cause skin cancer. Yet Rheumatoligists still want to use them in Staph patients even though there are warnings against it. Seems there cure for Arthritis is to kill us off so it doesn’t spread. At least that is how it looks to me.

Just wondering if anyone else has had Septic Arthritis.

Seems I will have to take antibiotics for six months after the IV also. OH JOY.

Davit.

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Davit,

Sorry to hear about the septic arthritis but I’m glad they discovered it and your treatment is working.

Davit
    Participant

Life can be so funny. Because I am so prone to infection it is just presumed I have infection. This time though it was a broken fibula.

Interesting note though. The keflex did reduce the arthritis and with Minocin it increases the herx, but not to the point of intolerance. Still taking the Keflex to reduce the chances of getting staph in the bone and slowing down its healing. ESR and white cell count is down, It would be nice to only have to deal with RA. Be nice to not have to deal with the RA too, but I think I have had it too long.

Is anyone using Himalayan salt.

Davit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.