Home Forums General Discussion Sepeptease for inflammation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tlpitts
    Participant

Does anyone take sepeptease for pain or inflammation? Does it work? How much to take. Looking for something for inflammation to take for rheumatoid arthritis. I take prednisone 5mg a day need 10mg a day but can’t take side effects so I need something else for inflammation. Also it looks like my insurance might cover Mobic is it any good for inflammation if it is the same as ibuprofen I’ll stick with ibuprofen it’s cheaper. Thanks Teresa

kali
    Participant

Hi Teresa,
    I take Serra Gold from Enzymedica – and yes it has helped my inflammation a good bit. I also take Life Extension’s Super Bio Cucurmin (4-6 per day) which has helped. Be warned that some people have herxing when starting the enzymes – so starting slowly is a good idea. Also, don’t forget to take them on an empty stomach. I am currently up to 6 a day. I was taking LOTS of NSAIDS before – but have not needed them (knock on wood) 😀 since since doing this dose.

Best to you!
    Kali

cavalier
    Participant

Everyone can be different in how they respond & depends on the disease as well as the company it is made by.

I have used Serranol 2 caps up to 4 caps for sev’l months – along with extra turmeric separately – 3g’s. I am worse without it but I cant say it is well controlled with it – but I have SD & yep I do AP along with a host of other things but it maybe how long I had this before I finally figured out this was what i had so many doc’s missed it & then got it confirmed by labs & doc’s but certainly worth looking into & trying I would run it past your doc who may not know alot about it but at least they can be aware of what you are on.

Jill SD

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Teresa,
    @Tlpitts wrote:

Does anyone take sepeptease for pain or inflammation? Does it work? How much to take. Looking for something for inflammation to take for rheumatoid arthritis. I take prednisone 5mg a day need 10mg a day but can’t take side effects so I need something else for inflammation.

Yes, serrapeptase may be helpful. It’s not really a good idea to take it for an extended period of time, though. A possible solution to that problem is to alternate with bromelain. For example, serrapeptase for one or two weeks, bromelain for one or two weeks, serrapeptase for one or two weeks, and so on. The bromelain and serrapeptase used should be enteric-coated. The bromelain doesn’t absolutely need to be enteric-coated, but it is preferable, especially if you have acid reflux or a sensitive stomach.

Be aware that you may experience some herxing or other unpleasant side effects when starting this. The first few times I took serrapeptase I got headaches and felt a little weird. I dealt with problem by taking one capsule of serrapeptase every few days until the unpleasant reactions went away.

@Tlpitts wrote:

Also it looks like my insurance might cover Mobic is it any good for inflammation if it is the same as ibuprofen I’ll stick with ibuprofen it’s cheaper.

Mobic (meloxicam) is not the same thing as ibuprofen, but they are both NSAIDs, so they serve the same purpose. How much ibuprofen are you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

matv
    Participant

I was going to say the same thing about the serrapeptase. I got some very odd sensations on the first couple days. Although I didn’t feel much improvement with inflammation, I did feel my congestion loosening. By day 3 I was coughing up a lot of stuff, and breathing easier. So if anything it’s good for loosening phlegm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.