Home Forums General Discussion season switchovers! $/$%??!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

Does anyone else get relapses during season changes from like winter to spring, spring to summer, summer to fall… winter ect?? if so do you have advice on how to combat it? pleeeeeeeeeeease lol ๐Ÿ™‚ oh and how is everyone doing? I miss you all but I dont miss the return of my arthritis. pain land is the dumps I tell yah!

ablegirl
    Participant

Yes, I definitely experince worsening of symptoms with weather changes. Usually Autumn to Winter. This isn’t really a unique experience, a lot of people with RA are like barometers not sure of the biological process going on that makes RAers susepitable to this. I am off to Greece in June for two months and I always feel so much better in the sun but I guess who doesn’t!! All that lovely Vitamin D getting into your bones. Sorry your flaring at the moment have read quite a few posts from you it sounds like you are quite on the ball with your thinking.

gordbentley
    Participant

Thinking yes. when inflicted with something as such, one needs to look under every stone until success becomes a pattern. Compared to where I was in the beginning I think im winning the battle. lately I have neglected diet and such but Im back off the sugar now and I think that as well may have precipitated this current storm. that and Canadas b/s weather patterns. cant wait for the heat! summer always brings me total remission ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel good once winter settles in as well but I hate the cold. Your thoughts on fall being the worst i think are true as well. always the worst flares. but this flare pattern im having is very odd, it went straight from my legs to my eyes which is not its usual path. a big jump through all my other joints then back down to elbows shoulders and hips. mino has it now out of my eyes and shoulders and hips. Im just battling out my left knee and my elbows atm. expect more relief tomorrow. I would dose mino this afternoon but I have training tonight. as a firefighter I cannot let people know I have this disease or they could give me the boot! if you have any advice on managing season switchovers please let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

vera
    Participant

YES! I always seem to be worse with season changes, especially spring and then fall. It has been challenging the last week or so as we’ve had a major weather change. March started out like summer (80’s for temps) and now we are below average for April with below freezing temps at night – so quite a roller coaster. I also have stomach ulcer trouble during those two periods; though it hasn’t hit yet. Several others I know are also experiencing more pain right now. Hang in there, this will pass! ๐Ÿ™„

Lori

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.