Home Forums General Discussion Search engine optimization for RBF site

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi there, I’m a newbie and want to shout from the hills about AP tx, this site & Dr Brown & the book. I’m a biggie when it comes to search engine optimization for a site and aside from word-of-mouth, this site can be a life-saver for many, many more folks if it could be found! I work my own website and know lots about getting tons of hits, visitors, etc! I’m typically on page 1 of google out of 30 million sites for my various keywords. I want RBF to have the same presence so more can benefit as I & so many have!!!!!

My question is, is someone doing SEO for this site? I’ve typed in key words for this subject but don’t see RBF.org come up.

Another way to get the word out is through You tube video testimonials and a facebook page. My website utilizes all this social media and again gets lots of hits/ sales etc.– all w/o paying anyone to do this.

Blessings, Grateful Girl

Maz
    Keymaster

@gratefulgirl wrote:

My question is, is someone doing SEO for this site? I’ve typed in key words for this subject but don’t see RBF.org come up.

Another way to get the word out is through You tube video testimonials and a facebook page. My website utilizes all this social media and again gets lots of hits/ sales etc.– all w/o paying anyone to do this.

Hi GratefulGirl,

Great you made it here and was so happy to read about your swift response to minocycline! πŸ™‚ YAY! πŸ™‚

RBF has a contracted webmaster, but not sure what is being done in the way of site optimization. This is perhaps something that Lynnie can answer upon her return from her Euro trip in July.

Ruth (Spacehoppa) has self-produced her own video blog on YouTube, which any one can do if they have a computer cam and feel up to the task.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ruthheasman

As RBF is a web-based foundation run by volunteers who are scattered around the globe, producing our own videos presents a bigger challenge in terms of logistics…i.e. getting a camera person to the APer. While it’s a great idea and we have discussed this opportunity as a future potential, we’re hoping to get the main website updated first and then to produce a more professional video for the actual site, possibly with AP Physician interviews. Undertaking such a project requires some in-depth planning, though, and volunteer time for such a project is limited as we’re so crazy busy on a daily basis already. πŸ˜‰

FB is another avenue we’ve discussed, but would also require being manned by volunteer moderators and, just now, we don’t have the manpower for this. We’re currently looking for more hands for a variety of tasks, though, so if anyone has any special skills and time to donate, then please let either Lynnie or myself know. πŸ™‚

Your ideas are great, GG, and perhaps the site optimization is something you could PM Lynnie on to ask. She may not be able to respond until her return, but as she deals with much of the technical side of things for the forum and website in liason with the web-master, I’m sure she will be interested to hear your thoughts. Lynnie’s forum user name is lynnie_sydney.

Thanks and so happy you are now on your road back! πŸ™‚

DianaW13
    Participant

Maz,

just wondering where people can find out what areas RBF volunteers are needed.

Diana

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Maz, I am responding to AB tx! And because my brain fog is lifted and I my energy back, I would love to help in any way I can to get RB.org SEO to the top. I look forward to talking with Lynnie upon her return. One of the things you can answer for me is how confidential do we need to make our discussion threads. SE’s love, love, love keyword rich content, which blogs and discussion threads are replete with. As well, each page has the ability to be assigned a SEO title, which can include keywords that people are curious to know more about. RBF relevant main keywords could be: autoimmune disease, lyme disease, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.

I will ask Lynnie about traffic to the site. You can gauge if SEO is working to get more people to the site via hits, page visits, etc. We really don’t care about the #’s, just that we know we are reaching people who might benefit from AB tx.

I would encourage people to start their own blogs that can have a pseudonym, if they don’t want to reveal their identity. What is important is that they talk about their experience with AB tx. Their content will attract visitors who type in keywords that are in their blog. MOST important of all is that they type in http://www.roadback.org as often as possible. Most sites will autocreate the link & people will be able to click directly to RBF site! We each can make that difference. There are many free & user friendly blogs ie, WordPress.com.

You Tube. . . .
    1) It has huge SEO presence on its own & anyone who ties into it gets huge presence because of it. Interesting thing is that there doesn’t need to be a formal video or movie. People can share their testimonial using their smart phone, upload it to Youtube, then when their youtube page video page is created, they can go to the edit page and enter keywords/ tags, etc.

2) Have you seen Youtube videos where it’s just lyrics to songs? Well, instead of lyrics to a song, Basic testimonial statements directing people to RBF site would replace the lyrics. I would make it as “enticing” as possible. I can do this for RBF, and we can see what happens.

IE, “10,000 patients with autoimmune disorders have received Antibiotic Therapy and felt a miracle gave them back their health and life! Learn about this low risk, low cost and highly successful treatment at http://www.Roadback.org! Have you been told that there is no known cause for your autoimmune disorder? Well, YOU NO LONGER NEED TO BE IN THE DARK! http://www.Roadback.org will tell you what the cause is to your symptoms. Dr. Brown, former Dean of . . . . , found that his patients who had a range of autoimmune disorders were made well and whole & given back hope and health with AB Therapy. SO CAN YOU! Have you been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Schleroderma, Sjogrens Disease . . . ? To learn the cause and about Antibiotic Therapy go to http://www.Roadback.org! Read the testimonials and discover that YOU ARE NOT ALONE & YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET YOUR AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER DECIDE YOUR FATE! Are you taking medications that just make you more sick and don’t seem to be helping rid you of your symptoms? Are you too familiar with Prednisone and or DMARDs? Go to http://www.Roadback.org to find out why Physicians are prescribing you these medications instead of AB Therapy. . . .

The same content above can be repeated in another video (there can be a voice over or music). In this video, Dr. Brown’s book, The New Arthritis Breakthrough, would replace http://www.Roadback.org.

I’d be glad to do this and encourage others to do the same, using their own content. I’m also happy to send how-to steps, once I’ve done one myself.

So there are many FREE ways to improve RBF SEO. πŸ˜›

Forever — Grateful Girl!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi GG
    I’m back from Europe!

And I cant say that I’m exactly au fait with all website possibilities. We leave that side to our webmaster. I am basically self taught and just do the bare essentials in this regard to keep the majority of tech questions answered without bothering the webmaster. As I work full time, doing much more than I do now is really not possible. As it is, I handle basic tech questions, co-moderate the Forum, contribute to answers, have some Director responsibilites and send out info re AP Docs for the Australian continent. And I have been doing this for 4 years! Any more, certainly at this stage, is not really feasible for me.

In terms of Volunteering, we have ongoing need for them – and an ongoing dilemma in terms of retaining people. People need to be around for the long haul to do more than basic Volunteer (meet and greet) activities. If we have someone doing a range of exciting things that require ongoing maintenance, attention and activity, what happens if and when they decide to exit? It is a happy fact that, once people are feeling better, they tend to go away and start living their lives with greater wellbeing. The Forum is no longer a vital part of life – which is as it should be. And that would leave us holding a “baby” that we dont have the knowledge or man/womanpower to care for.

People tend to come and go on this Forum…..which is why there are few people whose names now would be recognised to those who were users even a year ago.

I hope this makes sense. And please feel free to correct me if there is anything that I’ve got wrong (in terms of workload)in the exciting ideas you’ve suggested.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Welcome back Lynnie! Actually, one of the things that will keep on giving, w/o too much maintenance is the You tube video — which I will do. Thanks for your extensive reply. You guys are always so respectful & thorough!

I have a 24/7 business (what one isn’t? πŸ˜€ ), boutique & am thankfully very behind in my custom orders. But I want to contribute where I can. So I’ll do one video at a time & maintain that, since it will likely bring responses & questions. The focus on anything I do will be to get more google page visibility so more can discover it.

I’ve also been busy with a local cause, petitioning & trying to get our local government to do right by its citizens, so will not be able to get to the Youtube video quite yet. I’m excited and look forward to getting it up & running ASAP!

Oy I’ve been herxing, but boy what a relief when it’s over. Amazing how you get a little more of yourself back after each one.

Blessings, Kariann

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

GG – that sounds great! Assuming you mean something personal? Another long-time Forum user “spacehoppa” produced (and still produces) a utube video journal of her journey with AP for RA and Lyme Disease which has proven to be fascinating viewing.

We just need to be very careful about anything in the public domain that seems or could be construed as being produced/sanctioned by RBF. In which case it would need to have RBF Board approval. Hope you understand that, as a Foundation, much care needs to be taken as to how we (and what we advocate for and educate about) are presented in a public manner.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.