Home Forums General Discussion SD: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

There’s a lot that goes into this expression, and my battle with SD and experience with AP.

To make this post as short as possible, around 6 years ago Cheryl F. coined me “the poster boy for the Mayo Clinic” as my SD improved dramatically while l was on AP and was being seen by Mayo’s Scottsdale SD expert, Dr. G. Without going into how SD affected me then and how it affects me now, my skin score alone shows how AP works.

[/URL][/img]

Prior to beginning AP, I researched SD experiences with AP and created a document with over 50 real-life testimonials of how AP worked for them. So I was sure that AP was the right course to take.

Eventually, after settling out in a fairly decent state of remission, my AP protocol decreased to 100mg twice daily 4-5 days per week and Clindy IV’s every 6 wks. But like many on AP, the Mino and Clindy IV’s began to cause the cosmetic side effect of dark blotches on my ankles and face. So in March 2014 Dr. F. switched Mino to Doxy. About 5 months later, my SD symptoms were beginning to return. To make matters worse, my insurance company denied further IV

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

richie
    Participant

Good going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

lajc
    Participant

Awesome Randy!! Congratulations…..that’s a beautiful fist! I’m not giving up…..thanks for sharing!!

Laurie

Airen
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your story! I am just starting AP for RA. I am about a month in and feeling pretty awful. I cried a lot in the shower this morning. I will take this as my sign to stay the course. So happy for you!!!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Great news Randy — so glad you are back on the Road Back once again!

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.