Home Forums General Discussion Scleroderma and Children

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

Quickly define Benicar for me. And what does it mean that minocyclene “strengthens” the bone? It creeped me out to see it in quotes. Is this a good or bad thing?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Martina
    Participant

Spiffy, I think I read in Henry Scammel’s book that minocycline in children can help strengthen their bones. When I talked with Dr. S on the phone, he made it sound as if he’d go ahead and give it to my son even if his adult teeth weren’t in yet.

Benicar is an ARB (angiotensin receptor blocker). It is a very safe drug and is the primary drug used in the Marshall Protocol. It is taken every 4-6 hours – 40mg. About 12 years ago I had been on AP (200mg/mino/day) for 2 years for systemic sclerosis. Even though I had been on the AP (200mg/day mino), my breathing and cough was getting worse. I was concerned that the scleroderma was causing PAH and/or Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. It’s a long story, but for me the Benicar has saved my life. When I take it 4-6 hours, my breathing is fine and I can hike/bike and live fairly normally. It has also helped with my urinary tract inflammation. I also take 1 minocycline every day or every other day. I can tell you more about it if you’re interested. Another gal from here has also been on it (Marshall Protocol) for her scleroderma and is living a relatively normal life.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.