Home Forums General Discussion Rt CLAVICLE – not scapula/ appears dislocated, but is not

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hello all, I experienced rt shoulder freezing since last night. Lots of pain. When I looked in the mirror this am, I noted that my rt CLAVICLE/ not scapula (anatomy corrected — oops) appeared dislocated. With both arms down & posture straight, my rt scapula had seemed to almost disappear while sitting two inches higher than the left. Has anyone experienced this? I do sleep on my rt shoulder/ side, but this took place during the course of the day. It’s gradually gone back into place with ROM stretching and the pain is almost gone, just a lot of residual stiffness. I wonder if this was part of a herxing episode.

Blessings, GG

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Frozen shoulders (with much pain) have been an ongoing symptom of my palindromic RA when in a flare. Any attempt at manipulation just made inflammation worse and no NSAIDS had any effect. Would sometimes be one or the other, occasionally bi-lateral. It may be a herx response, hard to say.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Debbie star
    Participant

Hi, how is the scapula now??

I have had a similar thing.. I have SD, and a few moths ago everything seized up.. I can barely move my arms back (pain and locked) to be able to dress myself along with many other stiffness type issues.. i dont know if it is herxing or SD getting worse..
    I have tried massages but everything seems locked up, very scarey

gratefulgirl
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Frozen shoulders (with much pain) have been an ongoing symptom of my palindromic RA when in a flare. Any attempt at manipulation just made inflammation worse and no NSAIDS had any effect. Would sometimes be one or the other, occasionally bi-lateral. It may be a herx response, hard to say.

Hi Lynnie, oh my, I just read up on Palindromic RA. I’m thinking that since I was able to loosen up my shoulder very gradually (sorry, I mentioned the wrong bone — it’s my rt clavicle, not scapula) I’m thinking I was herxing. I do use heat on my shoulders everynight while lying on my side, so that may also be encouraging the herx. Today, my shoulder is almost back to normal, just some residual soreness. It was just the craziest thing to see the clavicle all but gone from view yesterday!

Thank you so much for your response!

Blessings, GG

gratefulgirl
    Participant

@Debbie star wrote:

Hi, how is the scapula now??

I have had a similar thing.. I have SD, and a few moths ago everything seized up.. I can barely move my arms back (pain and locked) to be able to dress myself along with many other stiffness type issues.. i dont know if it is herxing or SD getting worse..
    I have tried massages but everything seems locked up, very scarey

Hi Debbie, I realized that I had identified the wrong bone. It was my rt clavicle, not my scapula, but the shoulder, nonetheless, that was affected/ frozen with pain. The clavicle seemed to have receded. It still is, but with some ROM done gradually & continuously, I’ve got my arm and shoulder movement close to normal with only some residual ache. I think I’m in a sort of spasm that’s a result of herxing. Heat does help and I’m overdue for a massage.

I so relate with you about difficulty getting dressed! I have resorted to clothes that are loose or stretchy and sometimes need help getting tops off. I do feel that I’m getting better since I’ve been on AP therapy (almost 3 months now).

I hope you get back to feeling better soon! I’ve made quite a few adjustments to my Minocycline schedule in these three months. Have taken it from pulse to 50 mg bid. I herxed too much on the off days & felt pretty darn good on on days, so will keep with the daily schedule. Not quite ready to up the dose. At present, I’m comfortable with the amount of herxing I experience and am fortunate to get by on Tylenol or Motrin q 4 – 5 hrs. Lots of Detoxing seems to help, too! Have you tried any of the detox methods suggested by the wonderful volunteers here? I just started NAC, Milk Thistle, have been taking Aloe Vera supplements and found that coffee enemas have great effect, too. Maz has a great list to share & Phil C. has made great suggestions, too. I’m new and learning everyday about my RA and ways to be my own case manager. Could not do it without the loving help and advice given here!

Feel better! GG

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Debbie;
    You remind me a lot of what I was like 15 years ago and I suspect you have more than SD going on.
    Mino works in 3 ways
    #1 it is a mild anti inflamatory
    #2 it weakens the bugs enough that your immune system can kill them off.That is the reason why you should not be taking any immune suppressing drug and why one herxes.
    #3 It inhibits a protein needed to make collagen.
    Ritchi is a classic example of #3 He has no other disease and he got better quite rapidly and no herx on200mg a day.Collagen just dissolved.
    I, on the other hand herxed mildly but did not have much improvement for years until my doctor added clindamycin and zithromax the herxed like h–l for a good 2 years after which it got milder as time went on.Reason for herx is Lyme and had rapid improvement after that.Lyme has to be hit hard before it affects the brain and nervous system so I just rolled with the punches as there really is nothing else to do.Herbals do not act fast enough to help but now that my SD is long gone and the Lyme is controled I have added a couple as I suspect it will never really go away.
    Lynne C.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I actually think the intermittent frozen shoulder issue is quite possibly a sign of Lyme Disease (which palindromic RA is also supposed to be). Not the bi-lateral smoldering small joints more typical of classic RA

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

gratefulgirl
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

I actually think the intermittent frozen shoulder issue is quite possibly a sign of Lyme Disease (which palindromic RA is also supposed to be). Not the bi-lateral smoldering small joints more typical of classic RA

Oh dear, I need to think this through, especially since I lived in Deep River, CT which is a town close to Lyme. Spent lots of time building & cleaning ponds in my heavily wooded yard. I’ve concentrated on RA & Sjogrens which are my official dxs. And of course my negative Lyme test could have been a false reading.

I’ll refer to Maz’s notes sent to me about her AP doc nearby, as well.

Thank you Lynnie! GG

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Well, I experienced the frozen shoulder for three days. It gradually unfroze and is now back to almost full ROM. No pain. It seems to have been a herx episode. I hope, vs sign of Lyme D. Also. it involved my smaller clavicle joint vs the scapula. I hope!

Blessings, GG

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

GG – 3 days were standard duration for my episodes

Be well! Lynnie

gratefulgirl
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

GG – 3 days were standard duration for my episodes

Thank you Lynnie, good to note. I still need to check the Lyme sx chart for other things that may fall into place. For now, I’m happy with my AB schedule. Want to gradually take it up from Minocycline 50 mg BID and see how that works. Please share anything I may need to think of and try!

GG

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.