Home Forums General Discussion Root canals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cbnelson
    Participant

Hello,
    I saw that someone posted they experienced improvement from RA when their root canal teeth were extracted.
    I would like to discuss this with someone. Please respond.
    Thank you,
    Carol

A Friend
    Participant

@cbnelson wrote:

Hello,
    I saw that someone posted they experienced improvement from RA when their root canal teeth were extracted.
    I would like to discuss this with someone. Please respond.
    Thank you,
    Carol

Carol,

At the top of the screen, you will see “General Discussion” — to search all of our previous topic discussions, you need to be on this first page. If you then go down to the little blank search window next to New Topic, you can search for topics you are interested in.

In the search window now, if you will type in these words: cavitations and root canals, quite a number of previous posts about different dental procedures and related problems will appear. Many of the posts have links in them. I believe these posts can be a treasure chest of information — both experiences and links. For many of us, finding information in these posts and related topics has been worth a pot of gold.

Good luck,
    AF

cavalier
    Participant

When I type in root canals and cavitations I only get this post. When I type in only root canal only this new post comes up. When I type in cavitations only a very short list comes up mostly questions but no information as to how folks are currently doing or who they saw for help dentist wise etc. I’ve posted questions about cavitations for those who’ve gone they the surgery, how they’re doing now, and who they saw dentist wise. Am hoping for a reply.
    I could use input please, as I’ve got 6 cavitations to address and they’re causing constant pain and pressure for me.

Jill

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

When I type in root canals and cavitations I only get this post. When I type in only root canal only this new post comes up. When I type in cavitations only a very short list comes up mostly questions but no information as to how folks are currently doing or who they saw for help dentist wise etc. I’ve posted questions about cavitations for those who’ve gone they the surgery, how they’re doing now, and who they saw dentist wise. Am hoping for a reply.
    I could use input please, as I’ve got 6 cavitations to address and they’re causing constant pain and pressure for me.

Jill

Hiya Jill!

Lovely to see you and do hope you’re doing well, apart from the teeth probs. 🙁

To run a search on the whole forum, you need to go back to the main discussion page. If you run a search with only this thread open, you will only get this thread coming up. I just ran a search on “root canal” and 22 pages of threads appeared. For “cavitations,” 4 pages appeared.

Have you been able to locate a biologic dentist in your neck of the woods?

cavalier
    Participant

Hi dear Max I read all four pages on cavitations and some were my own from a couple of years ago. I didn’t see anything that gave me any info as to who to contact or really how folks have fared a IF they had surgery, which I only found one person who had and thus my post was to try to find out if they were happy with their surgery and if they’d wish to share who which could be a PM. I’m still looking for further info including yes dentists as many may say they have experience but this surgery is a high risk of revisions and it’s expensive and I’m trying to avoid paying for a expensive surgery more than once. There’s no expertise here in Memphis that much I know. As to root canals I did a search under what was suggested as root canals AND cavitations together, in the search line, thus why no hits. 🙂

I hope you’ve been doing well Maz!
    I don’t think this continued jaw pressure and pain is stress or it would have hit back during my son being Ill and illness and deaths in the family, it started at a time when things were settled and I least expected this. And I had just gotten equivocal results for scleroderma and improved pulmonary function. I have been aware of fleeting pressure and pain from these sites for years but after the surgery extracting them it was a year of this then it abated I had wondered when they bothered me if I had trouble at these sites but I had other fish to fry and hoped it wasn’t so that there was another layer.

If you or anyone has any dentists names feel free to PM. It’s not a inexpensive issue with 6 cavitations and so far 3 dentists all say yep 6 2 are pretty large and expertise is needed. One I really like has expertise had this problem himself but he’s booked out solid for 18 months patients get good results and he’s ironically very reasonable which is partly why he’s so booked out!
    Best to you, Jill

bsnyder
    Participant

I had an old root canal removed about 5 months ago. Did a bridge to replace it which whittled down one more tooth. Have temp bridge now with permanent bridge coming in less than a month.

I have noticed NO difference in joint pain. Very dissapointed as I don’t love the bridge. Can’t floss between teeth there and worry it will need replacement in the future. Some wood say I may have cavitations under old wisdom teeth extractions but I’m not going there. This disease has prompted me to go to many expensive extremes. Breast implants removed. Replaced by breast fat injections. Drip Iv AP in ida grove. Weird diets.

This go round none of it has helped so far. This is frustrating disease. My advice? Go slowly.

cavalier
    Participant

Carol hi some people experience a good deal of help with root canals not only removed but properly cleaned out after the root canal is removed. If one only has the root canal removed but not cleaned out fully then it’s likely to no have any effect. However,with that said everyone is different and how much a root canal is the cause or if it’s only part of the issue etc. there’s a Facebook group called NICO jawbone infection, root canals, implants, cavitations you can read stories of how some have responded when root canals were cleaned out properly and if you wish pose your question there as well.

Just a thought.

Best Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Also keep in mind it could be if you have cavitations they are infections that ABX can’t get too to clear. If you have a Panoramic X-ray sending it to a fully trained Biological dentist for review would be able to render a opinion on this. I had my 6 Cavitations addressed in one surgery it was doable and it was a even bigger game changer for me than I expected. I realize you’ve been thru a lot, but having peace of mind if this is a issue maybe worth pursuing. dr n in marble falls Tx is who I sent my pano too.

My biopsy report of what was found at those sites is posted on the forum.

Jill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.