Home Forums General Discussion Ringing in the earssssssssssss!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    suera
    Participant

Okay so I found this old post and wondering how those of you with the tinntis are doing as I've recently (last week) added this to my issues:(. The link about re-training your ear is no longer available.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=64]sue/ra[/user] wrote:

Okay so I found this old post and wondering how those of you with the tinntis are doing as I've recently (last week) added this to my issues:(. The link about re-training your ear is no longer available.

Sue, this may be a complete bummer or not…I don't know, but I just checked to see if tinnitus may be a side-effect of Enbrel. Here's a site that says there may be a small percentage of folk who do get this as a side-effect of the drug and the chance increases with length of use:

http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/enbrel/tinnitus

Tinnitus is also quite common in Lyme disease – did you ever manage to get any IGeneX tests run to check that possibility?

Peace, Maz

suera
    Participant

Thanks Maz, I will read the link you provided. As far as the Lyme test, no the doctor I was sent to said you can't really diagnois Lyme with a test and wanted $9M to be in his program that heals the whole body. Sounds wonderful doesn't it? Bit I don't have an extra $9M right now:doh:

eann
    Participant

Tinnitus was one of my first symptoms, way back in my 20's. My doctors never had a satisfactory answer. I was not on any medications then, so it was not from that.

I just tested positive on Lyme testing. My original diagnosis was RA. There were a lot of symptoms that never fit the RA diagnosis, though.

Maybe you could get the test. There are doctors that don't charge anything close to 9M.

suera
    Participant

Eann, you wouldn't be in Ohio are you?

eann
    Participant

Sue, no I am in Illinois, close to St. Louis. I've been to Ohio though. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ Ringing in the earssssssssssss!’ is closed to new replies.