Home Forums General Discussion Return of horrible symptoms..could this be a herx?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    darling787
    Participant

Thanks Maz. I have done a lot of research and feel strongly I have adult PANDAs which may require a tonsillectomy. Since there is such little research published it is hard to know what treatment to go with next. Especially since tonsillectomies in adults are rather risky:/

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

PhilC
    Participant

Are you still seeing Dr. M. (LLMD) in Berlin, CT?

I think you should discuss your concerns with your doctor and try to get your treatment changed. There are alternatives to azithromycin, like clarithromycin and clindamycin. Penicillin and cephalosporin antibiotics can also be used to treat strep infections. Lowering your dose of azithromycin to 250 mg on M/W/F is another option that may be helpful, especially if it is combined with daily doxycycline or minocycline; for an example of this approach, see the Wheldon Protocol.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

darling787
    Participant

Thanks Phil. My doctor is very adamant about keeping me on zith and penicillin daily without pulsing…

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

PhilC
    Participant

Well, keep in mind that you have an experienced AP doctor right there in NYC. If at some point you decide that you’re not satisfied with your current treatment, you may want to see him for a second opinion.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.