Home Forums General Discussion Resetting your thyroid to be normal usng the WTS protocal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marianne Welch
    Participant

Hi,

I recently have been learning alot about the WilsonTemperature Syndrome.
    This approach to identifying thyroid issues and fixing it (often permanently) is very interesting.
    My husband and I have been taking our temp. several times a day so far, and to our surprise
    we are candidates for treatment in accordance with the WTS protocal.

The theory is that stress, harsh medicines, sickness, etc can make the body not convert T4 thyroid to T3 as it should. Tests will show glandular thyroid to be fine. That is TSH is good and T4 is adequate. But the blood test do not show if the thyroid hormone T4 is converting to T3 and if it is getting into the cells as it should. So the way to identify if there is a problem is a symptom check and a temperature check.

If the temp is low consistently (which ours is) that means the body is stuggling with low thyroid T4/T3 conversion. This brings on a myraid of symptoms.

Even though there is enough T4 (as blood tests show) it is being converted to way too much Rt4 which is inactive. In other words it is being misdirected to produce Rt4 and not T3 at the qauntities that it should.

Anyhow, to fix this problem one must give T4 and Rt4 production a break by giving the body the T3 is not getting instead. The t3 is given until the temp comes back up and stabilizes at 98.6. After that T3 is weaned off of and the thyroid is back in a normal cycle.

Has anyone done the WTS protocal using this theory? If the body them is low, then it stands to reason the immune system can’t fight our bacterial load as easy. The theory states that low body temp does not activate the enzymes in our body that we need to keep it running efficiently.

So this lends to a new question…..which symptoms are due to the harmful bacteria which we are carrying and which is attributed to low body temp.

http://www.wtsmed.com

mlouise
    Participant

I never knew what it was called, but my AP doctor is taking temperature every time I go there. Because my temp was low (and always has been) he put me on Nature-Throid NT -2 and Iodoral ( a high potency Iodine/Potassium supplement) as he feels that this low temperature is related to thyroid problems. My blood test did not reveal any problems with T4 or T3. After two months my temperature has come up some, but still not 98.6. Dr. B is happy though, to see the change and is continuing to keep me on the supplements. MLouise

Krys
    Participant

@Marianne Welch wrote:

Hi,

……….. WilsonTemperature Syndrome………

The theory is that stress, harsh medicines, sickness, etc can make the body not convert T4 thyroid to T3 as it should. Tests will show glandular thyroid to be fine. That is TSH is good and T4 is adequate. But the blood test do not show if the thyroid hormone T4 is converting to T3 and if it is getting into the cells as it should. So the way to identify if there is a problem is a symptom check and a temperature check.

If the temp is low consistently (which ours is) that means the body is stuggling with low thyroid T4/T3 conversion. This brings on a myraid of symptoms.

So this lends to a new question…..which symptoms are due to the harmful bacteria which we are carrying and which is attributed to low body temp.

http://www.wtsmed.com

Marianne, it is so interesting!!! I wonder how many people take their temperature?
    I was to post a question about a consistent low body temperature and what it could possibly mean, as nothing I had read applied. Then I found Wilson’s syndrome and it clicked in. And like you, I keep wondering which symptoms that I have would fix themselves if my temperature could be raised. My thyroid tests were good. I started measuring my temperature just because I bought a couple of thermometers after 20 years of not having a single one.posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=51053# And I keep taking it daily because the readings are abnormally low: 94.5 – 94.8. My immunity keeps staying very low in spite of taking longeavity mushrooms (Cordyceps, Reishi, shitake, Maitake)+ Siberian Ginseng for a year now.
    I am NOT highjacking your post, but I do hope that somebody knowledgeable chirps in!
    To make it more applicable to a whole lot of people, maybe let’s enumerate some of the symptoms as by http://www.mall-net.com/cathcart/wilsons.html

-acid indigestion, anxiety, allergies, arthritis, increased bruising,
    -cold hands and feet, Raynold’s phenomenon
    -dry eyes / blurred vision, dry hair, hair loss, dry skin
    -fatigue, fluid retension, food cravings, food intolerances, headaches
    -insomnia…irritability..itchiness
    lightheadedness
    decreased memory and concentration
    psoriasis
    abnormal swallowing and throat sensations
    tinnitus
    decreased wound healing

I omitted some. But that’s a lot of symptoms! But don’t they apply to most chronic diseases? Don’t people with chronic diseases always have lowered body temperature? I also found on some blog that low body temperature can be caused by Babesia.
    I’ll be getting a 3rd thermometer (the mercury one) and will hopefully find i do not have Wilson’s.
    I’m completely happy with what I know I already have, no need for the cup to start overflowing!https://www.roadback.org/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=51053#
    Please, post how your temperature taking went! Warm wishes, Krys

Valsmum
    Participant

I find the low temperature thing interesting too. My thyroid was checked recently and it was fine , but I always run a low temp. I think it’s neat too that a woman can use temperature to help chart her fertility.

Marianne Welch
    Participant

Hi Kyrs,

Yes, here’s an update.
    I have taken my temp now for 3 weeks in accordance with the protocal. I am consistently in the either 96 or low 97 range.
    Yesterday I got a bad headache. My temp was 96.0. I had this temps a couple of times during the last three weeks and I noticed I didn’t feel good at the time of taking the temp.

So I contacted my AP dr. and told him we were a candidate for this. He was the one that told my husband to look up the WTS site. (He struggles with weight maintenance BIG time) and he has asked our dr many times about the posssibility of having thyroid problems that are not being reflected on blood tests.

I was surprised at his hesitation. He said that he first would try armour natural thyroid first to see if that helps. THis is much like how mlouise’s dr has handled her low temp. (see above post)

He said if it DID NOT fix the problem THEN he would try the WTS. But he sounded very hesitant. He said it is very costly. I don’t know how much just yet, he didn’t say. I also know from reading the WTS manuals that the treatment could stand a high risk of failure due to patience incomplicance. It is a very regimented routine on you two doses of thyroid medicince that you get every day. It says you must take it within ONE minute at the exact same time each day or you mess up the treatment and set yourself back as much as 2 weeks. You will have to read the manuals to understand the theroy of this prompt protocal. I got to wondering how many patients have it in them to be this regimented. I know I could do it. I am one of those very precise type personallity when it comes to something like this. So I can only think that this may be his hesitation. It is a waste of time unless the patient follows the instructions to the T.

I will talk to my dr tomorrow and see if I can’t find out more.

But KYS…..having a temp in the 94’s has got to be keeping you immune system on low drive!!!!! How can one get well with such a low immune system. Mine is low but not that low. Based on the WTS manuals most people who qualify for this program have a 97.7 average. Yours isn’t even close! The manual says it takes longer and may require more persistence for someone with an extraordinary chronic low temp as low as yours to get success on the treatment protocal.

I hope this info helps. I will let you know how things develop. I may not be able to start the WTS protocal until late April due to going on my 3rd and hopefully final round of HCG. I don’t know if HCG provokes low body temp., but it makes sense to wait until after. I deeply suspect that my low temp was there for years before I ever went on the first round of HCG.

I will keep you posted and I appreciate anyone else adding info as they learn more.

OH and PS …….THis makes so much sense on all my past postings and why in the world do I never sweat in the infrared sauna that I purchased. The replys to my posts said it takes time, weeks maybe a month and then it happens. Well it never happened for me. Why would the body break into a sweat if the sauna only brings your temp up to normal. I have yet to take my temp before and after I use the sauna. I did try taking a hot bath when my temp was in the 96s and then after I got out I got it up to high 97. So this is all coming together…..the no sweat in the sauna thing.

Marianne

Marianne Welch
    Participant

Hi everyone that is interested,

I recently had a private pm asking if I thought that low body temp could be the cause of some chronic diseases due to compromising the immune system.
    This was my response:
    This is my personal hypothesis on the subject:

Well, from reading the entire WTS literature, including the drs. manual…..I think I would first speculate that The Low Temp messes your immune system up in fighting off diseases. So it probably isn’t the CAUSE per se BUT it sure could be the reason why you got the disease if your body couldn’t fight it off at the initial disease exposure.

The whole concept of the body using enzymes (thousands and thousands of them) to stay healthy, and how enzymes are catalyzed at certain temp, and the fact the low body temps inhibits many from being catalyzed or activated makes good sense.

I for one take SERRACOR enzymes (2 twice a day). I have done this for almost a year. It makes a difference. It helped my blood pressure go down. If I stop for a while, I seem to not do as good.
    I have also taken Digest Gold and other enzymes (some symstemic and some digestive…{there is a difference between the 2 kinds}) on top of the Serracor when I start to feel sick. It seems to help me not get sick.
    So it makes sense.
    Marianne

Krys
    Participant

Marianne,
    Thank you so much for such a comprehensive answer. I’m very grateful that you brought WTS protocol up. And thank you, immensely, for your caring.
    I’ll get the enzymes you’ve been taking. They sound very good. I have noticed last few months that my food is not digested and I wondered if that’s why I keep being so ravenously hungry all the time!
    My temp. readings were taken upon awakening, hence NOT in accordance with the directions of WTS protocol and not with a mercury thermometer. So hopefully, the readings will be much higher when taken in accordance with the instructions.
    I think that depending on the condition of your thyroid and and the severity / lack thereof and the length of time it’s been malfunctioning, it may be possible that some special supplements could help.
    I had been supplementing with Kelp and Irish Moss for 1 year and I ran out of them 6 weeks ago. I took Irish Moss yesterday (2 x 2 450mg caps) and my temp. today was perfect 98.6F upon awakening. Right now it’s 97.5, a huge improvement from 95F the afternoon 2 days ago.
    I do hope that supplementing will be enough for me. Thanks to your great posting, I will be monitoring the temp. very closely (I’ll try to do it WTS’s way). I have such a hard time incorporating everything I should within my present AP protocol, that even if WTS was free of charge, I just could not do it now.

MarieLouise, you are so fortunate that your doc. monitors everything! Hurray for temp. raise!!!

@Valsmum wrote:

……… I always run a low temp. I think it’s neat too that a woman can use temperature to help chart her fertility.

The reason it’s easy for me to take morning temp., is because I was doing the morning temp. charts for years in my twenties!!!! So I forget to do it during the day, but first thing in the morning feels natural!

My herbal book mentions toxicity (heavy metals), allergies and radioactive pollutants as the factors usually responsible for sending the thyroid over the edge.
    Many warm wishes, Krys

mlouise
    Participant

Dear Krys,
    I also take Serracor twice daily. I find that if I miss them for a day, I wake up with a brain fog and bad stomach troubles. I have always felt that this reaction is because the enzymes remove (dead stuff) poisons from the blood steam and tissues and if these aren’t removed regualrly they back up and cause nasty reactions. I also take Vitalzyme for digestive enzymes to keep all this stuff moving out of my body quickly. MLouise

Krys
    Participant

CORRECTION: I’m sorry, I’ve noticed I supplied wrong numbers for the temperature range: instead of 94.5F – 94.8F it should have been 94.5F – 96.8 F. Five readings out of 7 were below 95F. Today, in spite of Irish Moss, it was 96.8 and now it’s 94.5F again. So Irish Moss is helping, but not resolving the low temperature problem.
    Sweet MLouise,
    Thank you for your generous suggestions. I’ll try Serracor and Vitalenzyme. It’s awesome that they help with the brain fog: that ‘s the only symptom that still needs to improve a lot!!! And the digestive problems and food intolerance are the only ones that instead of improving, keep deteriorating. But I’ve improved so much within just 4 months’ time, that I can say that AP is really working wonders. Still a way to go, still taking steps back, but overall I’m definitely going in the right direction! Thanks a million.
    I hope I’ll get my thyroid active and rock-and-rolling in the near future!!! I’ll additionally start using all kinds of totally unconventional methods (yoga, special excercises, neck massage, visualizations, acupressure points, and anything I’ll come across as helpful).
    Much love to all, Krys

Krys
    Participant

Marianne and MLousie,
    I need to add this: I’m sorry if I sounded a bit flippant in my replies. I think I’m quite a bit overwhelmed and a lot in denial, hoping there will be no problem if I apply bandaids (herbs, supps, massage, etc.). There just seems so much to monitor, adjust, etc.
    I was hoping that maybe infrared sauna will do the trick with raising and keeping the temp. at the normal level, and yet, it did not help you, Marianne. I will do what I can do for now (supps + all extra stuff) and will raise the issue with my doc.
    So I highjacked the tread a bit! Well, being a new pirate feels not that bad at all (just a little too much in the spotlight) but sorry nonetheless. Many warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.