Home Forums General Discussion Relapse…any suggestions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mj47
    Participant

Hey everyone!
    Hope you’re all having a nice spring.
    I haven’t been around on the forum because my husband has been doing so well. 🙂
    The mino seemed to stop all symptoms of his psoriatic arthritis.
    Then, he had a bout of prostatitis…after not being able to tolerate the sulfa drug rx’d to him, he opted to switch over to doxycycline. He’s been on it for 11 weeks.
    In the last 3 weeks or so, he’s been having some stiffness in his ankle. Last week he got a really bad cold & got super run down.
    Last night his ankle was warm & a little swollen. Today, it hurts and is definitely swollen & warm to the touch. I suggested he go back to the mino. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any suggestions to help alleviate the swelling? He’s icing it right now.
    I am so sad to see how upset he is about this. It’s been well over a year since either of his ankles swelled up. Could it just be that the doxy isn’t strong enough? Could his cold have kick started everything again?

As always, thanks,
    mj

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, mj:

Could it just be that the doxy isn’t strong enough? Could his cold have kick started everything again?

A very very minor weak YES to both. They are issues much like the deck chairs on the Titanic; don’t miss the bigger issue!

THE BIGGER ISSUE: Food and if not only gluten, then all starches. It takes about four days on an empty stomach/system, so five days plus another for good measure remake the world in six days, water only. I have done twenty days, but many many times six or seven days only. This is wisdom of experience; good not only for this arthritis but also for myriad other things creeping upon us as we age. We consume and are consumed and used to die of “consumption” but now die due to overcomsumption. That is the cycle to break.

Best to You, and Your husband,
    John

A Friend
    Participant

@mj47 wrote:

Hey everyone!
    Hope you’re all having a nice spring.
    I haven’t been around on the forum because my husband has been doing so well. 🙂
    The mino seemed to stop all symptoms of his psoriatic arthritis.
    Then, he had a bout of prostatitis…after not being able to tolerate the sulfa drug rx’d to him, he opted to switch over to doxycycline. He’s been on it for 11 weeks.
    In the last 3 weeks or so, he’s been having some stiffness in his ankle. Last week he got a really bad cold & got super run down.
    Last night his ankle was warm & a little swollen. Today, it hurts and is definitely swollen & warm to the touch. I suggested he go back to the mino. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any suggestions to help alleviate the swelling? He’s icing it right now.
    I am so sad to see how upset he is about this. It’s been well over a year since either of his ankles swelled up. Could it just be that the doxy isn’t strong enough? Could his cold have kick started everything again?

As always, thanks,
    mj

MJ,
    With your husband’s diagnosis and what I’ve read on the profile, I encourage you to look into doing some reading on a yeast/fungal program. I became convinced over the years from the work/books of Dr. Wm Crook, that psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, (and later prostatitis) all may have a fungal link. If you click on the General Discussion link at top of the screen, then type “fungal” into the little search window, there have been some recent good links on this subject. If this is part of his problem, addressing this might really be helpful.
    Best,
    AF

mj47
    Participant

John,
    thanks for your reply. i have relayed your response to my husband. he did find out that lay’s potato chips were gluten free about a month ago & has been devouring them. he has decided to stop eating them (that’s saying a lot for him!) will try eliminating more starches from his diet. he doesn’t usually eat a lot of them anyway, aside from the potato chips. i must say that it seems as though his ankle swelling is possibly going down. is it the mino reintroduction or ceasing eating the dreaded lay’s potato chips (which are probably made w/ GMO potatoes)?? we may never know…but hopefully he’s back on his road to recovery. thanks again.

AF,
    fungal infections are definitely something to consider. he has a definite visible fungal infection on his toenails. thanks for the reply!

mj

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.