Home Forums General Discussion Red Wine helps your RA any?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pauyen
    Participant

Anybody use red wine as part of your treatment plan? If so, hows it working out for you?

Only asking this now, cause I drunk a fair amount last night (dont usually drink any alcohol at all) and my stiffness in my knees feels considerable better this afternoon.

Cheers

Paul

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I no longer drink alcohol, but I have read that red wine contains resveratrol which is helpful for joints. You can also get it as an extract in pill form.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@Pauyen wrote:

Anybody use red wine as part of your treatment plan? If so, hows it working out for you?

Only asking this now, cause I drunk a fair amount last night (dont usually drink any alcohol at all) and my stiffness in my knees feels considerable better this afternoon.

Cheers

Paul

Paul – how interesting that you found relief from red wine! I find that red wine aggravates my symptoms. I think that is because of the sulphur dioxide in it. My doc has sulphites on the list of things I am to avoid. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Lynnie;
    How are things going is Australia.We have been watching the flood situation and it sure is not pretty.Hope you do not live nearby.
    As to wine,More and more vintners are making wine without additives,at least here in Canada,and it seems to keep just as well as those that do.My hubby is Portugese so needless to say we have a basement full of bottles and drink a couple a week. hehehe

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I also have seen reports of flooding. Hope needed help is there.

Jan

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi Lynnie;
    How are things going is Australia.We have been watching the flood situation and it sure is not pretty.Hope you do not live nearby.
    As to wine,More and more vintners are making wine without additives,at least here in Canada,and it seems to keep just as well as those that do.My hubby is Portugese so needless to say we have a basement full of bottles and drink a couple a week. hehehe

Lynne – thanks for your thoughts. No I am down in the south east of the country, the floods are in Central Queensland, roughly 1300 miles north. Pretty bad up there and yes they’ll need alot of help. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

gordbentley
    Participant

I love red wine! my fiances mom got me hooked on it. I dont find that it helped or made the pain worse. getting tipsy helps the pain I had though, that I can tell you for sure. pot made my joint pain worse which is what I found weird. sometimes if I smoked it and I was in no pain it would make the pain show up. this I found to be odd.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.