Home Forums General Discussion reassurance needed on RA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chrysalis
    Participant

Hi feel like I have been doing really well on AP, no flares for a few months more energy etc. Saw my rheumatologist for 3 monthly check up and asked how do I tell if this is the AP or a natural remission and he said I could’nt. This left me feeling really flat and a bit peeved as well. My RA levels are down by 50%- does that happen in a natural remission? Would appreciate an experienced voice as I don’t have an AP doctor to consult. Thanks Chrysalis

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

What does your intuition tell you Chrysalis? Your rheumie – who doesnt approach treatment for RA from an infectious cause approach – certainly wont be attributing improvements to an antibiotic, so spontaneous remission is his only other option really, so not much point in getting peeved with him. Celebrate your great result (yay by the way!!!!) and re-read the book and anything else that made you decide on this approach. May your GREAT improvements in such a relatively short time continue unabated. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

chrysalis
    Participant

Hi thanks lynnie, it seems every time I have to deal with the medical system I go straight back into fear and question myself so I will remember in future that fear does not help-antibiotics do! regards chrysalis

hbell
    Participant

I have spoken to a gentleman who has had great success with AP. His Rheumy told him “you’re just lucky”. The Rheumy then had the nerve to ask him to be guest speaker at one of his forums. Of course the topic wasn’t about AP. So the answer was no (and a little bit more I imagine!).

maz.aust
    Participant

Chrysalis, if you are feeling better & your markers are coming down I am happy for you ,,, that is just the best news. I wouldn’t bother about what to call it or what your rheumie thinks has happened, whatever it is it’s great !!!!!

Good luck to you & just keep on doing what you are doing, you are clearly getting some positive results so far 😉

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.