Home Forums General Discussion Read Dr. T’s Update On Minocin!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fastspinW
    Participant

Hi,

Been some time since I’ve taken a look at posts on this site but a recent flare of my RA has me once again searching for solutions. In the process I ran across a mention by Maz of an article written recently by Dr. T in which he shares some thoughts on minocin based upon the many years he has used it with his patients, as well as upon research in conducted in relation to the MIRA trials he performed for NIH some years ago.

The second I ran into mention of this article by Dr. T I clicked on the link provided by Maz:

https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebu … all10.html

It only takes a minute or two to read the article and boy is it an interesting piece! It’s been a long time since Dr. Brown passed away and there has long been a need for an update on the use of minocin in treating RA based upon lessons learned over the past several decades. Dr T’s wonderful article does a remarkable job of providing us with just such an update!

Although I only really visited Dr. T a time or two 4-5 years ago I found him to be a kind and caring physician and I shall miss him very much. If only there were more docs like him the world would be a better place. I hope that he will have a long and happy retirement.

Thanks Dr. T and may God bless…
    Winston

SS
    Participant

Hi Winston:

Thanks for the post.
    Can you please send or post the article link it is not working.
    Thanks
    ss

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Yes, please send this link. I would deeply appreciate that. Jeff

@SS wrote:

Hi Winston:

Thanks for the post.
    Can you please send or post the article link it is not working.
    Thanks
    ss

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Here is the link again:
    https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_fall10.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Here is the link again:
    https://www.roadback.org/EmailBlasts/ebulletin_fall10.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

cavalier
    Participant

I found this interesting in one specific statement in this article – for SD he says … “raynauds, extreme hand contractures & perhaps internal organ involvement do not appear to respond. ” I am finding that albeit early days while I dont expect any reversal yet I have found that so far I am still advancing internally my ankle for one that has been inflexible is not becoming like stone – instead of holding I am still advancing – which that in combo with this statement has me wondering why then do the IV’s & risk the stomach flora if it does not slow internal organ involvement for SD & put my family & I thru the expense & wear of such a long trip? I am hoping someone with SD can shed some light on this to change my thinking.
    Jill

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Jill;
    I had a bad case of SD and am just fine now with no visible sighns of the disease.I do have a few aches and pains now and then and know it is from burning the candle at both ends.When I get achy and the hands start to burn a bit I just take a few more doses of mino and am back to normal in a couple days.Lack of sleep always pushes me over the edge.I have been on AP for 13 years but it took over 2 to get back to normal.Now I am fighting Lyme and that really sucks.
    I am so busy with my orchid nursery now that I rarely get to see what is happening on this board.Hang in my sweet and you should be fine.If you have any questions you can get an answer out of me faster if you e-mail me lynneandsantos@citenet.net

fastspinW
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

I found this interesting in one specific statement in this article – for SD he says … “raynauds, extreme hand contractures & perhaps internal organ involvement do not appear to respond. ” I am finding that albeit early days while I dont expect any reversal yet I have found that so far I am still advancing internally my ankle for one that has been inflexible is not becoming like stone – instead of holding I am still advancing – which that in combo with this statement has me wondering why then do the IV’s & risk the stomach flora if it does not slow internal organ involvement for SD & put my family & I thru the expense & wear of such a long trip? I am hoping someone with SD can shed some light on this to change my thinking.
    Jill

Jill,

For what it’s worth although I have RA rather than SD I too have had a lot of trouble with Raynauds over the past several decades. Happily when I went on Minocin 5-6 years ago the Reynauds stopped troubling me except on a very occasional basis. Recently, probably due to my having had to cut back on doxy due to sun sensitivity, I’ve been experiencing a mild flare and today the fingers on my left hand turned white as in the old days. Hopefully once I get my meds back up to strength the Raynauds will once again vanish!

All best,
    Winston

cavalier
    Participant

Lynne & Winston – thanks for the encouraging words. Lynne am so sorry to hear about the lyme – I sometimes wonder if there is lyme behind the SD & once that resolves it comes thur as being left or if we are just more suspectible & apt to get something else? It is the ole chicken & egg thing.
    I am glad to read it has been 13 yr’s since being on AP as that means you have lived 13 yr’s. I realize you dont stop in often – but wondered it sounds as if you are not still on AP only as needed after 13 yr’s.

Anyways it sounds like Dr. T’s less than encouraging words for internal organ involvement for SD – that there is success for what is a horrible disease among many that we all hate.
    best –
    Jill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.