Home Forums General Discussion Quick Question about Pulsed Dose

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kat
    Participant

I know you guys are talking about minocin and I have never taken it, but I have sort of experimented between brand pelletized doryx and generic doxy.

I got really no relief at all from the brand name doryx. The generic doxy has worked so much better for me. I don't know why and possibly, like John, it is just my imagination. I do know that the price of the generic doxy certainly makes me much happier than the wildly priced doryx. Maybe that's what makes the difference for me, LOL. 😀

John McDonald
    Participant

Kat – do you think he looks like Clooney?

kat
    Participant

Oh, absolutely!! :roll-laugh:

SusanSD
    Participant

Which Clooney?  …. Rosemary Clooney? :roll-laugh:

Just kidding, Richie! 😉

I bet you're as handsome as George or as talented as Rosemary was. Do you sing Richie?

richie
    Participant

Hi Folks –you got it backwards —Clooney looks like me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Richie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hey Guys and Gals,

If you want to settle this once and for all, Richie only lives about 45 mins drive from me…I can sneak over and check out whether he really looks like George or Rosemary. :roll-laugh:  Shhhhh!!!! 

Richie, others may not believe it so, but I totally believe George looks like you…and that probably you're just as suave and hunky. 😉

Peace, Maz

Nan – RA
    Participant

Hi all…

So what is the best dosage???  Should one take 100 mg. a day or 200 mg. a day?  If you go to either every other day of MWF… which is the best?  I know we should tailor according to our needs but it's so confusing as to what dosage one should start at. 

Has anyone put together any data on which methods have been most effective?  Would a survey be helpful in this?  These questions are continually asked on this board but there is never a difinitive answer.  Perhaps a really intensive survey would help?

Nan 

Nan – RA
    Participant

Richie… there's no doubt that George looks like you!  All we have to do is look at your picture and we can see that!  Sheeeeeeeeesh….  He's good looking but…. you are the real thing.  😉

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=65]Nan – RA[/user] wrote:

So what is the best dosage???  Should one take 100 mg. a day or 200 mg. a day?  If you go to either every other day of MWF… which is the best?  I know we should tailor according to our needs but it's so confusing as to what dosage one should start at. 

Has anyone put together any data on which methods have been most effective?  Would a survey be helpful in this?  These questions are continually asked on this board but there is never a difinitive answer.  Perhaps a really intensive survey would help?

Hi Nan,

As per dosing recommendations to AP physicians, check out FAQ #2 here:

http://rheumatic.org/faq.htm

Dr F in Riverside, CA, one of the most prominant AP physicians in the US has detailed his recommendations for patients just beginning AP. Here's the relevant bit:

Some reported sensitivities to the tetracycline drugs may be caused by the drug being introduced too rapidly and at too high a dose. A slow start, 50 mg. Monday and Friday then gradually building up to the standard dose (100 mg. once or twice Monday, Wednesday and Friday), can often avoid this allergic reaction.”

Hope this helps?

Unfortunately surveys and studies cost a great deal of money. As RBF is currently entirely dependent upon donations, being a non-profit organization, it's just not something that can be done without a concerted fund-raising effort. This takes countless hours of dedicated volunteer effort. That said, the Harris Poll was one such survey that was commissioned by RBF to document the efficacy of AP in rheumatoid diseases. You can read about it here:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/studies.display/display_id/416.html

Road Back is always looking for volunteers and very willing to make the case for why it is in all our best interests to make a regular donation. 😉 

Peace, Maz

John McDonald
    Participant

So what is the best dosage??? 

Nan – It really is an individual thing. If I were starting over knowing what I know now I would tell doc I want to start at 100mg, taken once on alternate days. Then after I see what this is like I would try 200mg taken once on alternate days and I would choose one of those amounts based on that experiment and stick with it long enough to see some good. If 100mg on alternate days made me hurt too much I might try 50 or I might try 100mg daily.

Then again if I had it to start over I would include Benicar and do the MP right away.

Nan – RA
    Participant

John… Benicar is for high blood pressure right?  I'm already on a BP med.  Wouldn't that interfere with what I'm on?  I'm on Diovan HCT.  I'm sure many of us are on BP meds.  Would they make us discontinue the one we are on if they put us on Benicar? 

Maz…. thank you for your input.  Your advice is always invaluable…as is John's and Richie's and the rest of you wonderful people.  Thank you. 

Kim
    Participant

[user=16]richie[/user] wrote:

Hi Folks –you got it backwards —Clooney looks like me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Richie

I don't care if Richie looks like Little Richard, I just appreciate the input…..kim

Serenity
    Participant

Thanks again everyone!  I decided to stick with the M W F schedule to see what happens.  I was actually feeling a little sore last night, which never happens.  I really hope it's a herx versus a flare up (who can tell the difference anyway?).  I've never had a herx before, so if indeed it is a herx, I am pleased.  :roll-laugh:

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ Quick Question about Pulsed Dose’ is closed to new replies.