Home Forums General Discussion Quick onset of bad arthritis symptoms with no cause

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    maxie
    Participant

Looking for a doctor to test and diagnose a case of quick onset of arthritis symptoms in North Central Missouri. Located about a hundred miles NE of KC,Mo and One hundred miles NW of Columbia,Mo. All avenues have been exhausted with countless medical doctors up til now. Maxie

Maz
    Keymaster

@maxie wrote:

Looking for a doctor to test and diagnose a case of quick onset of arthritis symptoms in North Central Missouri. Located about a hundred miles NE of KC,Mo and One hundred miles NW of Columbia,Mo. All avenues have been exhausted with countless medical doctors up til now. Maxie

Hi Maxie,

Welcome to the Road Back Foundation discussion forum! 🙂 You’ve found a great place for support and friendship while you navigate your return to health with antibiotic therapy. Have you had a chance to read The New Arthritis Breakthrough by Henry Scammell and the info on the main website yet? If not, you should find these resources very helpful in gleaning an understanding of the therapy.

Can you help with a bit more info to get started? The foundation retains lists for both AP (low dose antibiotic protocols as per Dr. Brown) Physicians and LLMDs (Lyme Literate MDs). The treatments with abx therapy is very different for Lyme, so figuring out which type of doctor to see right from the outset can really help.

It sounds like you’ve been seeking answers for your swift onset arthritis but without any real diagnosis from a rheumatolgist. Is that correct?

There are forms of seronegative rheumatic disease, if this is the case, and as Missouri is highly endemic for Lyme disease, it might make some sense to determine if this could be a triggering factor in deciding which type of doc to see. Low dose AP would not be enough in most cases for chronic Lyme, as ticks pass a number of different infections, all requiring separate treatments. If you have already been tested for Lyme with standard ELISA and western blot and these were negative or equivocal then the next step here would be to get IGeneX lab lyme testing run. We can offer info on how to go about this if needed:

http://www.IGeneX.com

Let us know what you think, Maxie, and we can send you an appropriate physician list for your state. If you can, too, try to bone up on the therapy, because while the goal is to get at root causes for the arthritis, it is a longterm therapy with no overnight fixes and the patients who self-advocate and become fully invested in the therapy for the long haul usually do very well.

Again, welcome! 🙂

judy cash
    Participant

Maxie,
    I was sick for several years, before I received my diag. For Rheumatoid Arthritis. I saw several doctors, none of which thought that I had RA. Finally after my diag. in 2009, I got started on AP, and I have done really well. How far are you from Plattsburg, or Jamesport, Mo.? I will be at these places, next week, if I can answer any questions, just let me know.
    Best Wishes,
    Judy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.