Home Forums General Discussion Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    motherbear
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced a herx that has lasted three months?

Maz:
    No news as yet hopefully he sees the Doc tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜

Maz
    Keymaster

@motherbear wrote:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced a herx that has lasted three months?

Maz:
    No news as yet hopefully he sees the Doc tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜

Yes, I have Motherbear! My first 3 months were a miserable nightmare….mind you, I had tremendous amounts of inflammation and I was also on heavy Lyme protocols. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the update, too! How is your son doing with the washout week? Any reduction in symptoms noticed yet?

motherbear
    Participant

Hi Maz,

thanks for replying.

He hasn’t felt any difference as yet It still hasn’t even been a week and I am thinking of giving him two weeks now.
    The Reason for this is that i feel his immune system is so depressed from his Enbrel It will probably take longer than a week to start clearing the toxins.

The three month question was due to me wondering again if he is in a long and hard herx. He has never been this bad for this long. It is out of character to his normal flaring patterns.

If there is no joy I will have to presume he is herxing but then again with him of the abx he should see an improvement.

In the meantime I am still waiting for DR.H to come back on board but have no idea how long that will be.

Thanks Maz

Caroline. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maz
    Keymaster

@motherbear wrote:

He hasn’t felt any difference as yet It still hasn’t even been a week and I am thinking of giving him two weeks now.
    The Reason for this is that i feel his immune system is so depressed from his Enbrel It will probably take longer than a week to start clearing the toxins.

Hi Caroline,

Sounds like a reasonable plan to extend the washout to two weeks and your rationale seems pretty sound. I’ve been off my protocol for up to a month and it didn’t alter my improvements too much, though it was a bit nail-biting.

Caroline, I don’t know for sure, but I have this funny feeling your son will do better on a comination therapy for his AS. I hope Dr. H gets back to you soon, so you don’t have to wait this out with bated breath for much longer. I feel for you, Mum.

Hope your son’s tummy probs are feeling better, too.

Parisa
    Participant

Caroline,

Has your son tried sulfasalazine? Seems many AS patients do well on that too. I don’t know if it can be combined with the doxy. Also, I think a combined protocol perhaps Flagyl and doxy might be good to try.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.