Home Forums General Discussion question on protocol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Taco
    Participant

My wife said today that since she has been on Doxycycline the swelling in her hands has gone down and the pain in legs and feet has decreased. Still kinda early in my opinion. Her face is no longer flush or racked with pain although she has other problems not related to RA. Only problem I see is the protocal this clinic is using, two months on 7 days a week then one month off. My wife has had problems for over 8 years. Just wondering do you have DR Browns protocol written down so i can discuss this matter with the Nurse practitioner.-

jasregadoo

Taco, did you see the other post recently on protocol? That patient also has been on a treatment like this. Hers is 3 months on, 1 month off (I think), and it is not working for her at all. If your wife is doing so well on the treatment, I’d be very hesitant to follow this advice to take so much time off of it.

Look around the website, look at the protocols there, and ask your wife’s doctor for the reasoning behind taking so much time off. Tell them that this is not well tolerated,, maybe.

Good luck!

PhilC
    Participant

@jasregadoo wrote:

Taco, did you see the other post recently on protocol?

This is the one: AP Protocol Questions

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

inhstyme
    Participant

Hi there! I too am on a similar protocol as your wife, I have lupus (3 months on doxy, 1 month off, 3 months on, etc). I also saw amazing improvement on the doxy after only 7-10 days and was feeling better than I had in 20 years! (I was only diagnosed w/ lupus in March of this year.) When I went off for a month, it took about 2 weeks and my symptoms began to return. I wasn’t too worried since I knew I was going back on the doxy soon and it worked so quickly the first time. It didn’t work as quickly the second time unfortunately. I have now been back on it for about 3 weeks and I still don’t feel as well as I did during the first round. It got so bad at one point that I just cried in my husband’s arms for about 3 hours (even though I was back on the doxy at the time)! I was spiraling into despair wondering if it was ever going to start working again. I barely had the energy to carry on a verbal conversation and could have just slept all day if I didn’t have a house full of sons to take care of. My arms and legs felt like they were filled with lead and just walking around the house wore me out. I did have some tiredness before the doxy, but never to that extreme. I have an appointment in October to recheck my labs and fully intent to let me ND know that I won’t be going off the doxy again until I reach remission. I hope this is helpful to you and I hope it maybe saves your wife from going through what I did.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.