Home Forums General Discussion Question and some good news! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tbird2340
    Participant

Hello everyone! Been a long time! Hope everyone is doing well..

I have a question.. I’m pretty sure the answer is it’s just my RA but wanted to know if anyone else had opinions.. My right wrist / hand / fingers / forearm.. It feels as if almost like the tendons or something are stretching. Even lifting something as light as a toilet lid hurts..

I had a sinus infection this week and got rx’d some augmentin so I don’t know if it’s a herx or what.. Although, I don’t ever really think I herx because the pain doesn’t seem to really ever go away..

Anywho, if anyone has any thoughts I appreciate it.

Time for the good news.. My wife and I just had #3 last Friday. Here are some pictures. πŸ™‚

Caden Thomas – Born 9/30 – 8lbs 3oz – 20″

Big Sister Mya and Caden

Big Brother Caleb and Caden

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Tom–

Congratulations on your new baby! You sure have beautiful children!!

Not quite sure about stretching tendons, but having pain in just lifting up a toilet seat reminds me of gout.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Parisa
    Participant

Congratulations on your new baby boy! How sweet!

Is your arm or wrist swollen?

nspiker
    Participant

Congrats Tbird πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ !

Lucky-you, never herxing!!!

nancy

tbird2340
    Participant

Thanks everyone!

Regarding the herxing… What I meant by never herxing was that my pain just gradually increases and then doesn’t seem to drop off.. So, I wish it was a herx because that generally drops off after some time.

If it is swollen it isn’t a lot as I can’t see anything.. When I compare the two the one that hurts definitely feels different..

Maz
    Keymaster

@tbird2340 wrote:

I have a question.. I’m pretty sure the answer is it’s just my RA but wanted to know if anyone else had opinions.. My right wrist / hand / fingers / forearm.. It feels as if almost like the tendons or something are stretching. Even lifting something as light as a toilet lid hurts..

I had a sinus infection this week and got rx’d some augmentin so I don’t know if it’s a herx or what.. Although, I don’t ever really think I herx because the pain doesn’t seem to really ever go away..

Anywho, if anyone has any thoughts I appreciate it.

Caden Thomas – Born 9/30 – 8lbs 3oz – 20″

Tom, many congratulations to you and your lovely wife on the birth of beautiful Caden! You two really have brought some gorgeous children into the world!!! Thanks so much for sharing your happiness with us. πŸ™‚

Whenever someone isn’t posting for a while, I always wonder if they’re doing so well that they don’t need to post. Is that the case? Were you okay until recently or was underlying pain just starting to get worse, causing you to post?

Few things have come to mind:

An acute infection can play havoc with pain levels. Gord posted recently about having a similar exacerbation at the same time as a bout with tonsillitis.

Adding a different abx to the mix can definitely lead to herxing/worsening symptoms. Only took 3 days of being on Moxatag (an extended release Amoxycillin, another type of penicillin) to send me into a massive 5-week long herx.

Stress can definitely precipitate a flare. In the weeks preceding the birth of my two girls, my hubby was in a constant state of hyper-vigilance. Women can definitely flare postpartum and usually will with RA, but shouldn’t forget our men with RA who can also go through some amount of stress waiting for their babies to come into the world and worrying about their partners.

Last, Tom is your LLMD just keeping you on mino and nystatin?

In the first couple of years (no longer) I had a tremendous amount of tendon pain. Sometimes it would be constant and at other times would be like shooting pains. This is gone now and I can’t say which protocol helped most, but did notice I didn’t have it anymore after being on the Moxatag for 8 or 9 months. Has your LLMD ever put you on a longer course of penicillin, Tom? Any labs drawn recently?

Thanks again for sharing your terrific news!!! Made my day to see pics of your lovely 3! Such cuties. πŸ˜€

wildschild
    Participant

This sounds similiar to what I have been experiencing the past few months. My pain is in my forearms, elbows and bicep (both arms). My doctor thinks it may be related to the arthritis in my neck pressing on the nerves making my arms so painful.
    I have been wondering if it really is nerves( just seems weird it is on both sides) or possibly something else? Be interested to find out what folks say about yours.
    Take care, cute babies…
    Nancy
    I am taking Mino 100 mg Mon, wed, Friday, Azithromycin 250 mg Tues & Thurs, 7.5 mg predisone daily, Diclofenac 75mg daily, Hydromorphone HCL 2 mg twice daily, Morphone Sulfate er 15 mg take one nightly to sleep plus folic acid, probotics 20 billion daily, zyflamend.

tbird2340
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Whenever someone isn’t posting for a while, I always wonder if they’re doing so well that they don’t need to post. Is that the case? Were you okay until recently or was underlying pain just starting to get worse, causing you to post?

I wish that was the case but it isn’t.. I’m basically just “living” with it.. Seem to be slowly getting worse but who knows…

@Maz wrote:

Last, Tom is your LLMD just keeping you on mino and nystatin?

In the first couple of years (no longer) I had a tremendous amount of tendon pain. Sometimes it would be constant and at other times would be like shooting pains. This is gone now and I can’t say which protocol helped most, but did notice I didn’t have it anymore after being on the Moxatag for 8 or 9 months. Has your LLMD ever put you on a longer course of penicillin, Tom? Any labs drawn recently?

My current meds are as follows:

Supplements / Vitamins
    1000MG Vitamin C Daily
    2000 IU Vitamin D Daily
    Pure Encapsulations Saccharomyces boulardii 4 per Night
    Pure Encapsulations Lactobacillus Acidophilus (1.5 billion CFU) 3 per Night
    Amazon A-F (3) 2X Daily

Prescription
    5/11 – Increased Minocin 100mg 4X Daily
    4/10 – Nystatin 500000U (2) 2X Daily

I also did a 1 or 3 month round of Fluconazole 100MG (1) 2X Daily for my Candida back in May. I’ve never been on anything other than Mino. He was going to add or switch abx my second to last appt but since I was going on the Fluconazole he changed his mind. I’ll have to ask if he wants to do that when I see him next month.

Yes, I’ve had labs recently. Just need to scan them and post.

It was nice hearing from you Maz. Hope you are doing well!

Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.