Home Forums General Discussion Question about Wyeth-Ayerst Brand Minocin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aliciainsandiego
    Participant

Hi: I found Wyeth-Ayerst Brand Minocin available at Canadian pharmacies but wonder if it is the pelletized type. I called them and they didnt know…They just said its the Brand name Minocin in capsules by Wyeth-Ayerst. Does anyone know if its the pelletized type??? I really want the pelletized type since thats what Ive used for 11 years and am symptom-free RA.
    Thanks, Alicia

richie
    Participant

Hi–Any thing is possible in the drug industry –Wyeth Ayerst is now part of Pfizer —they well may have started distribution in Canada since Stiefel dropped it –you can be certain by calling Wyeth in Canada at 514–744–6771—if it is pellitized that would be
    helpful to many folks here who order up in Canada —
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Alicia,

Be careful. I recently read that some of the Canadian pharmacies selling “Minocin” don’t actually have genuine Minocin. Instead, they will send you Aknemin, a brand of minocycline made in Germany. That may be fine, but it is definitely not Minocin under a different name– the inactive ingredients are totally different.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Aliciainsandiego
    Participant

Thank you Richie & Phil- If it is the pelletized type I will let the bulletin board know and I will name the pharmacy I got it from.
    I should be receiving it within a week. I did ask when I ordered it if …It was not what I wanted (pelletized Minocin) could I return it and they said yes. We shall see. I’ll be in touch. Alicia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.