Home Forums General Discussion puzzled

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hi, i am puzzled at the moment as my latest lab test for esr, crp, are almost normal my eosinophils are mildly elevated, as are liver enzymes? i have not been able to acquire any treatment with abx as yet. any thoughts as to why this might be so given my positive pcr for borrelia.burg? …good health to you all ….kind regards..di.

Maz
    Keymaster

@dianne-sunshinecoast wrote:

hi, i am puzzled at the moment as my latest lab test for esr, crp, are almost normal my eosinophils are mildly elevated, as are liver enzymes? i have not been able to acquire any treatment with abx as yet. any thoughts as to why this might be so given my positive pcr for borrelia.burg? …good health to you all ….kind regards..di.

Hi Di,

In light of borreliosis, it’s not unusual for symptoms to wax and wane and is a pretty typical pattern. Are you still on methotrexate as this drug might account for the elevated liver enzymes (as well as some anti-inflams)? Milk thistle is a wonderful supplement for helping to detox liver and lower liver enzymes, as well as NAC and alpha lipoic acid. Has your doc suggested any further testing for your liver?

The good news is that your SED and CRP are almost normal! YAY! Enjoy the blissful relief, as I know you’ve had a rough go of it. 🙂

hi maz, yes i am still on mtx, both the GP and RHEUMAT., say that the liver enzymes are nothing to worry about? the range on the lab report is-(80-250). mine is 360. i have mainly been using PARACETAMOL when necessary , rather than NSAIDS, though do take though take them now and then . i did a bit of a google about paracetamol and liver and seems it can affect the liver too? so cutting back to see what happens with next lab . tests. thank you for your reply , allthe best….kind regards di. 🙂 ps. yes it is nice to have a bit of a let up with the pain. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.