Home Forums General Discussion Pulsed v. Daily

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aboyer
    Participant

I’m curious about everyone’s dosing. Do most of you do the pulsing or daily dosing of antibiotics? Which one works better?

Diagnosed with severe RA 12 years ago
    Tested positive for M. pneumoniae and C. pneumoniae

Current meds: Kineret 100mg, doxycycline 50mg, cbd oil, and celebrex

Supplements: fish oil, vitamin b12, folate, b6, iron, selenium, zinc, vitamin c, and biotin

Airen
    Participant

I started out low and slow like dr brown, 100 mg MWF. i slowly increased to the maxed dose of 100 mg twice daily. I saw major improvement with each increase and am pretty sure my remission came quicker because of it. I am now slowly tapering back down. my goal would be to maintain on 100 mg MWF or even switch to doxy. i’m worried about switching. i don’t want to lose my remission, i hear it’s much harder to get back.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

PhilC
    Participant

In terms of effectiveness, daily dosing is better — if you can tolerate it. That statement is based on the experiences of people on here who have tried both.

There’s also a kind of in-between approach: Some people are on daily dosing, but their doctors have told them to take a break from the antibiotic one or two days per week. Lately I’ve been thinking of doing that in order to give my liver a little break from the mino every week.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy1

I am very thankful that right now I am feeling well enough to stick with Monday Wednesday Friday one time a day. If I ever need to make changes I will.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.