Home Forums General Discussion Progress in Texas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GoinCrazy
    Participant

Seeing all the recent newbies has motivated me to report on my progress. Hopefully it will provide a little encouragement for those testing the water here.
    I was diagnosed with Palindromic Arthritis in May of this year. Random painful attacks in every major joint. My labs suggested the potential for serious escalation. I was lucky to have found this site early and went to the doctor knowing exactly what I wanted to do. I started on Mino teva by early June. I went through some minor herxing and the disease settled into my hands.
    In the past six months, the progress has been remarkable. I now have no pain in the normal range of motion. My CRP went from 7.1 to 1.9 (0 – 4.9 normal range). I just had a followup with my rhuemy and will add Aleve to get at the remaining soreness.
    I have started back at running and weight lifting and hoping this improvement will last for some time.
    I am so thankful for those here who encouraged me and provided the support that enabled me to own my treatment.

RAinPA
    Participant

I am a newbie here, just started minocycline today actually. Thank you for posting your progress. It’s because of stories like yours, and all the one’s that I’ve read in Dr. Brown’s book that I have chosen AP for my treatment of RA.

gordbentley
    Participant

my pain started in may this year too? thats weird, but i tried diet and chelation first, both did next to nothing but boost my immune system. now im tacking it on with mino teva 50mg twice a day MWF. results have been awesome. no more pain in knees and ankles. no more cracking joints. just nagging pains in my hands which i never had before but they come and go fairly quickly.

Maz
    Keymaster

GoinCrazy, so kind of you to chime in with your great progress to help encourage the new APers! Thanks for taking the time out and so happy to hear you’re doing so well – fantastic news!!! 😀

Valsmum
    Participant

That is great news. May I ask which joints are/ were affected ? Do you ever get flare ups in your knees? I was just wondering. I have been on minocycline for 3 months now and I am cautiously optimistic. I am herxing still, which I read is a good thing.

I just moved to Texas with my family 2 years ago, I’m a CA native and so far Texas is great. There are so many warm people in this great state. Well thanks for posting your success, somedays I wonder what I’m doing. 😕

Take care,Sheri

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sheri,
    do you have a doctor here in Texas? if not Dr. K is pretty good. She is in Lufkin, TX. Hopefully we can get another doctor here in Houston. My daughters doctor is interested in the AP. her has read the book “The new Arthritis Breakthrough” and he wants to know more, so I am going to talk to him Monday and see if he wants to talk to Dr. K. to get more info. He told my daughter he will help her.
    Eva 😀

Eva Holloway

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Eva,
    I actually went to a doctor P. in Houston and she has an infusion room to get Clindy IV. Since I don’t live in Houston I had her write me a prescription for clindy IV. I did have one dose of clindamycin in her office.
    I got her name from two other members from Roadback. She was really personable, but I don’t know if she has treated as many patients as Dr. K.in regard to AP. I made an appt. with Dr. K. In January, but I read from a post that she does not like you to be on prednisone. A member here was on it and said after the appt. she went to her car and cried, I didn’t want that to be me. So once I’m off the prednisone I will meet with her, unless I find a closer doctor. I also have new development. I took a lyme test with Igenex and it came back positive. The doctor thatsigned off on the test didn’t have much to say and didn’t really help, basically it was like he didn’t want to say I had it or didn’t have it. I am planning to get to 6 months with mino first, just for peace of mind and to have some sort of order I guess. I don’t want to keep changing plans as I go. I’m still a little confused from the lyme results.
    Well that was a bit long.
    Take care Eva,
    Sincerely, Sheri

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would you please email me the name of the doctor in Houston. I presently go to Dr. K, but have felt that I might be better off seeing someone else. Thanks.

GoinCrazy
    Participant

Sheri,
    I had swelling in my knees initially. The flareups visited every major joint. Strangely, once I started the Mino, that all stopped and the infection settled into my hands. Don’t know if it was the natural progression from Palindromic to Rhuematic, or a result of the mino. Anyway, the migrating nature stopped completely.
    I started at 50 mg twice a day on MWF, and have stepped up incrementally to 100 mg twice a day on MWF.
    Goincrazy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Sheri!

Valsmum
    Participant

Since I started the mino my joint pain does not migrate much anymore. It would roam around all the time and now it’s in my lower back and knees.I’m not so sure the settling in thing is so great though, more swelling and damage I would imagine.
    I’m really glad my thumb & wrists have been doing so well though, it’s hard to keep up with my kids when it hurts just to move my wrists or one of my little lovies bumps into them. Thanks for the progress story. Hope you like Dr. P.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.