Home Forums General Discussion Problem When Taking Blood Pressure

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ariel
    Participant

Maz,

Thank you for all the information. It’s helpful in trying to put the pieces of this puzzle together. I will definitely put it in my notes for my mid-March appointment.

Regarding the toxoplasmosis, I haven’t been around a cat in years. I’m allergic to them. I’ve definitely been bitten by mosquitoes.

I don’t seem to be having any reaction to the Zithro, so that’s a good thing.

Another night sweat (which is why I’m responding at 4:00 a.m.) 😯

So, my fingers swaying toward my thumb, is that from RA? Everything I’ve read said they sway toward your pinky, not your thumb.

Thank you again for the response and trying to help me through this journey. I sincerely appreciate it.

Linda, with lymphedema you shouldn’t take your blood pressure at all on the side that is affected. Both of my hands are affected as well as ankles, so I will have to discuss with the doctor on how we will address BP.

When I did the IV it was Clindamycin that was administed by an AP doc. I did it twice a day for 5 days. I’m not sure of the dosage. I believe it may have been 900.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Ariel wrote:

Maz,

Thank you for all the information. It’s helpful in trying to put the pieces of this puzzle together. I will definitely put it in my notes for my mid-March appointment.

Regarding the toxoplasmosis, I haven’t been around a cat in years. I’m allergic to them. I’ve definitely been bitten by mosquitoes.

I don’t seem to be having any reaction to the Zithro, so that’s a good thing.

Another night sweat (which is why I’m responding at 4:00 a.m.) 😯

So, my fingers swaying toward my thumb, is that from RA? Everything I’ve read said they sway toward your pinky, not your thumb.

Hi Ariel,

I don’t think one needs to be around cats to actually get toxoplasmosis. Cats deficate in flower beds and any loose soil so it seems it is transmissable to humans by just digging around in the dirt when planting or weeding. I found it quite stunning that the Wiki article stated that a third of the world’s population carries toxoplasmosis. It’s one of those infections that can remain dormant and symptom-less for many years and can be passed by a mother to child during pregnancy.

With the lymphedema also affecting your hands, it’ might be hard for you to know what is affecting the direction of the swaying. My hands went into swollen contractures when I first got Lyme and then RA. It took about 3/4 of the first year to get them straight, for swelling to disappear and out of pain with physio and abx therapy. My fingers are perfectly straight now with no swelling or pain. Maybe others can share if they have experienced similar with you.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.