Home Forums General Discussion probiotics are great

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    toml
    Participant

Just wanted to thank all that read my recent posts and provided all the sage advice, especially the suggestion to use probiotics.

I started probiotics after 5 months of a mix mash of prednisone, mino and some other heavy duty stuff the rh prescribed. Although I was taking yogurt and eating healthy, eating was not a good experience as felt bloated, very finicky about food and just did not look forward to meals with my usual very positive attitude. As a result, I lost weight and eating became a dreaded chore at times.

Since using probiotics, my appetite, nausea and general stomach/digestion health improved dramatically.

I do appreciate the advice and good work you do for us.

reesak
    Participant

I agree, Tom, they have worked wonders for my digestive system – had issues before taking antibiotics and not having any problems anymore even with the antibiotics.

ReesaK

marinastarbucks
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the info. Just wondering what type of probioitic you take? thanks

toml
    Participant

I use Megafoods Megaflora. There apparently a great discussion about types here in the forum but I could not find it by searching on probiotics in the search panel. I came up with very many conversations that mentioned the term but became frustrated after reading through pages of non-specific discussions.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@toml wrote:

I use Megafoods Megaflora. There apparently a great discussion about types here in the forum but I could not find it by searching on probiotics in the search panel. I came up with very many conversations that mentioned the term but became frustrated after reading through pages of non-specific discussions.

Tom probiotics is mentioned so frequently that it is probably not specific enough a term. You might want to try a few other search terms that may bring up more specific posts – things like ‘gut flora’ ‘friendly flora’ ‘probiotic brand’ – sometimes it’s worth trying out different search terms to see what results you get. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I use Probiotic 15-35 by NSI. Get it from Vita Cost. It has been working well. Yes, probiotics are very helpful.

Jan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.