Home Forums General Discussion Probiotics and constipation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pittRAlady
    Participant

I just started taking doxy to treat lyme 100 mg twice a day. I take probiotic in between. Only third day in an am constipated. The probiotic said 1 per day on bottle so took two to start. Any advice on relieving constipation would be appreciated.

Anonymous
    Participant

Are you on a diet?
    Linda L.

pittRAlady
    Participant

I am gluten free, avoid nightshades. Juice alot. Mostly raw. Each organic turkey or fish every other day. I have dropped 13 pounds since my diagnosis a couple months ago.

DiamondTNT
    Participant

Prune juice is wonderful – especially if you can find organic.

m.
    Participant

I take Natren’s Bifido Factor (supports bacteria in colon), and Jarrow’s Saccharomyces Boulardii, and I eat homemade yogurt daily.

I also take Magnesium Citrate away from my antibiotics. And, I try to eat plenty of roasted sweet potatoes and white potatoes, thinking the starchy veggies help feed the bacteria in the colon.

All of this seems to help me.

Good luck!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Try psyllium husks (you can buy by the packet). I use a level dessert spoon ful on my GF muesli daily and it works wonders for me.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Anonymous
    Participant

I have found this information on RBTI Perspective website:

The alkaline diet fad:

The science of RBTI reveals that the so called

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.