Home Forums General Discussion probiotics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dotsdaughter2
    Participant

Can anyone tell me which probiotic is the best when using ap. Everyone have a great day!!!

richie
    Participant

Everyone seems to have a personal favorite —the key is to take enough –the recommended dose on the label is not for a person taking antibiotics –the need for probiotic for a person taking antibiotic is much greater –I** happen to use PB 8 –which is reasonable in cost -and over the years I have kept raising the dose –I now take 10 capsules daily —
    richie

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

Thank you for the info, its hard to know what to take. too much too little !!

Anonymous
    Participant

One thing that I have been incorporating into my daily diet is fermented foods. They are loaded with good bacteria and many different strains; More than you could ever get with just taking probiotics. I usually have two to three different types each day: yogurt, kimchi, kombucha tea,ect.

I was having symptoms of yeast problems while on Mino, but after I began eating fermented foods daily along with my probiotic(I use VSL 3) I stopped having them.

laurawm
    Participant

Hi – I’ve struggled with yeast and intestinal problems ever since starting AP and the only thing I have found to effectively keep everything under control is four saccharomyces boulardii a day. I also take 2-4 clinical strength multi stain probiotics every day depending on what meds I take.

Here’s a little info on saccharomyces boulardii – it is a helpful yeast and also considered a probiotic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces_boulardii

dixiegirl
    Participant

When do you take the probiotics? How long after the mino? I’ve noticed alot of gas since I started mino last week, so I’m thinking I need to up the probiotics… any suggestions?

laurawm
    Participant

I take 3 Saccharomyces Boulardii with my minocycline and then another with a couple of probiotics at least an hour later (usually more than two hours later) and then a couple of more probiotics again later in the day if I have taken mino in the morning. On an off day, I usually take 3-4 SB and 3-4 probiotics spread between two different times during the day. I take many natural antibiotics, so I also try to take my general probiotics at least an hour separated from these. My understanding of Saccharomyces Boulardii is that it directly counteracts candida and for whatever reason, I have the best results taking it at the same time as the mino – either the mino does not kill it, or enough survives to have an immediate effect on candida growth that takes place as the mino digests into my system. I am not an expert on this, but this is what is working for me. 🙂

richie
    Participant

Hi -Dixie —When I first started mino years back had stomach issues –nausea etc –the good news is that the nausea went away in about 10 days or so –I dont know your schedule for taking minocycline but my stomach bothered me much less when I switched to this sched —Eat breakfast first –wait two hours then first dose —eat dinner -wait at leat two hours then second dose –if you want to take the second dose close to bedtime –its okay but stay up at least 30-45 minutes before going to sleep –this worked for me –you might have to find out on your own what dosing sched is best for you–Good luck
    richie

kwlile
    Participant

FYI, my doctor told me to wait 4 hours between probiotics and antibiotics.

laurawm
    Participant

Hi Kwlile – my doctor told me to take probiotics at least one hour from antibiotics, but I kept trying different time spacing to get my yeast under control and nothing worked until I started taking 3 SB at the same time as my mino – as I mentioned above, I do not know why this works for me, but it does. Before this I was having regular diarrhea and vaginal yeast infections and crazy fatique despite taking heavy doses of probiotics and saccharomyces boulardii. I also gargle twice a day with JASON natural mouthwash that has grapefruit seed extract and tea tree oil – both of which combat yeast and keep oral thrush at bay.

Laura

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.