Home Forums General Discussion Probiotic help…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wendy
    Participant

From reading supplements people take, I am clueless as to the acronyms or what they are.
    If anyone is taking VitaCost which ones do you take of the vegetarian capsules? As written in my first entry, the probiotic 15-35 had a side effect of constipation. Have been drinking Synergy Kombucha for about 10 years and buy it by the case from Whole Foods. I am not having GI issues of which I am aware yet am now on the 50 mg. per day of minocycline Activis brand. Still lightheaded for hours now into month 5 of regimen.

Systemic Scleroderma since June 2012 w/ 2 remissions on Cellcept….and now 2nd flare. So far annual lung and heart testing all normal…
    Meds… Mino 7days a week 50 mg., 1 500 mg. Valtrex, 100 mcg Levothyrixine 1x a Day,200 mg. magnesium. 448 mg Tumeric capsule 1x a day, 1/2 Mucinex tablet per day, 81 mg. low dose aspirin, 3 1/2 Tylenol per 24 hr., 3 mg Valium at bedtime.
    PT 2x a week…..hoping to walk mileage again once pain on feet subsides..close to gluten free diet…live w/ pain all the time!

Systemic Scleroderma, Raynauds, Shingles 3x in right eye
    Diagnosed June 2011 on cellcept Nov. 2011 to 1st remission July 2013, relapse March 2015..cellcept to December 2015... 2nd relapse April 2016...due to possible rare side effect of cellcept..a rare corneal ulcer developed in R eye thus began minocycline May 1, 2016. Mino doseage 100mg PM, 50mg.AM daily, Levoxothyroxine 100mcg 1x a day,Tumeric capsule 450+mg 1x daily, Valium 2 1/2 mg.1x PM, magnesium 200mg 1x daily, Valtrex 500 mg.1x a day,probiotic,

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Wendy,

Why don’t you try some of the popular probiotics like PB8 or Culturelle? My favorite probiotic is currently Power-Dophilus*. Many probiotics don’t agree with me (they cause increased joint pain), and Power-Dophilus is one of the ones that doesn’t bother me. Other probiotics I have used and liked are BioBeads from Natrol, Acidophilus Pearls from Enzymatic Therapy, and Primadophilus Reuteri Pearls from Nature’s Way.

EDIT [Dec. 2, 2018]:

* I stopped taking Power-Dophilus, and I no longer recommend it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

In fact Vita Cost sells PB8

Wendy
    Participant

Richie, thank you for the recommendation of PB 8. The other day at Whole a Foods, I purchased chewable Acidophilus and Bifidum 1 billion organisms recommended by the dermatologist. Will next order the PB 8…
    You have dealt with Scleroderma for several years. I am experiencing tightening of muscles around my vocal chords and epiglottis on which the PT myofascia release therapist is working. Sometimes in the AM when deep breathing am hearing a little squeak at the epiglottis…did you ever have this? Still lightheaded with the mino for several hours and will increase dosage to 50mg 2x a day in a couple of weeks. Muscles and other joints remain tight so hard to get around.
    Your response and that of Phil were not noted until yesterday…though have been active on the site.
    Thank you again.

Diagnosed June 2011 on cellcept Nov. 2011 to 1st remission July 2013, relapse March 2015..cellcept to December 2015... 2nd relapse April 2016...due to possible rare side effect of cellcept..a rare corneal ulcer developed in R eye thus began minocycline May 1, 2016. Mino doseage 100mg PM, 50mg.AM daily, Levoxothyroxine 100mcg 1x a day,Tumeric capsule 450+mg 1x daily, Valium 2 1/2 mg.1x PM, magnesium 200mg 1x daily, Valtrex 500 mg.1x a day,probiotic,

richie
    Participant

Hi Never had that problem but had problems lower down –swallowing reflux etc –

richie
    Participant

Hi Bear in mind -one acidolphillus a day might not cut it when taking antibiotics –the doseage on bottle is for a normal stomach –when taking antibiotic the goal is to replace good bacteria killed off by the antibiotic –I would say triple the dose to start !!!!!!!!!!!!—Good to read that your goal is to increase the med –bear in mind you can increase dose very second or third day to start to build up a tolerance –richie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Wendy Wrote

Your response and that of Phil were not noted until yesterday…though have been active on the site.

Wendy – not sure whether you’ll have seen this. If you look under where you write posts/replies, there is a small box to the left that says ‘ Notify me of follow-up replies via email’. If you check this box on discussions you have started or are interested in watching, you’ll get an email each time there’s a response 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Wendy
    Participant

Lynnie, thank you, yet had checked the notify box which is why it was unusual. I do appreciate and am always grateful for a response?
    Wendy

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Strange Wendy. Have you checked in your SPAM folder? Automated emails from organizations can end up in there.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.