Home Forums General Discussion prior to starting AP

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Donna927
    Participant

ok.. I am now convinced the caveman diet is the way to go…

I did some research and most places recommend to increase thyroid function .. things like kelp, selenium, seaweed, 2 to 4 weeks of raw foods, nuts, seeds, sprouted beans, freshly extracted veggie juice…
    and to avoid fluoride and get the one thing I cant seem to tolerate… therapuetic medicines… hmm.

I think I have answered my questions…each time I stay on the diet… I am without the pain, inflammation and feel and look amazing….

diet is the answer and I will look at the antibiotic for a while… not taking it with knowledge I have at this point,
    I may change my mind… but not now.

I was tested for Lyme and it was negative.

Donna927
    Participant

sorry.. I meant to help it, to avoid regular medicines and it also said soy. which I have found along with gluten has really bothered me…

Silvia
    Participant

I don't know what a lazy thyroid is, but I suspect it's hypothyroid which means your thyroid gland is not producing enough thyroxin which you need for proper functioning of metabolism and many other things.  Classic symptoms are fatigue, weight gain, dry brittle hair and nails, depression, puffiness around eyes.  Easily treated with thyroxin hormone.

Donna927
    Participant

I will check into that ..

but cant that hormone … if you get too much cause the opposite.. or goiters..
    my luck that is what would happen to me..

I guess.. I will look into it..
    but try the natural methods for increasing function first..

I also do NOT have weight gain.. I am skinny 107….but I have most other symptoms.. but memory depression lifted with the supplements instantly

maybe I better have my doctor recheck just to make sure though.

thanks.

Donna927
    Participant

I bought some kelp and spirlina so I will add to my veggie juice. It is suppose to stimulate the thyroid. Can this cause joint issues.. all blood work is in normal limits….ALL blood work.. except for having lazy thryoid??

kelleybelley29
    Participant

Hi Donna, I know this is a little late due to your posting, but my mom has just been diagnosed with scerladerma and she has all the symptoms that you had. I was wondering if anything has improved for you? Right now I know my mom is worried about her diagnosis, and she does not know much about it. I am trying to get some background information to help her out. She has a bunch of doctor appointments scheduled for this week so she will probably receive more information.

~Kelley

Kim
    Participant

[user=934]kelleybelley29[/user] wrote:

Hi Donna, I know this is a little late due to your posting, but my mom has just been diagnosed with scerladerma and she has all the symptoms that you had. I was wondering if anything has improved for you? Right now I know my mom is worried about her diagnosis, and she does not know much about it. I am trying to get some background information to help her out. She has a bunch of doctor appointments scheduled for this week so she will probably receive more information.

~Kelley

Hey Kelley,  Sorry about your mom's diagnosis.  You are one astute daughter if she just got diagnosed and you are already on this board. 😉  There are a number of SD people on this board that have improved tremendously using this protocol, including me.

You didn't say what state you're in, but you can request a list of doctors in your area that are familiar with this protocol.  The diagnosis is scary enough, but in the early stages when you get doors slammed in your face for asking about treating SD with antibiotics, it is enough to put you over the edge.  If you can find a doctor up front, it will save precious time because this is a progressive disease that can spread like wildfire.  The sooner she can start the Minocin, the better results she can expect.

Lots of people here willing to help.  Just let us know what you need…….kim

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘ prior to starting AP’ is closed to new replies.