Home Forums General Discussion Preliminary Remission!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    inhstyme
    Participant

I wanted to share some exciting news and encouragement with you all! I was diagnosed in March 2015 with SLE. All 3 lab tests my ND used to diagnose (along with my symptoms of course) were positive. We rechecked labs after 6 months of being on the AP of 100mg doxy twice a day. The labs were very much improved, but still positive. However, in December 2015 all my labs were negative and/or normal and I am symptom free!! He wants me to continue the AP for 6 months and recheck labs every 3 months just to be sure this nasty beast stays in check, but so far I am doing wonderfully. I just want to encourage you all on this journey that the AP DOES work. On a side note…my Hashimoto’s antibodies also have dropped 500 points since AP! I am hoping that they are down to normal in the next few months and that will be in remission as well. 🙂

Maz
    Keymaster

Fantastic news, inhstyme!!! Very swift response and likely all the more so for starting AP early. ? Well done and do hope you will consider writing a testimonial to add to the stories section on the main site!! Stories like yours really inspire others to give AP a try and to feel hopeful again. To be symptom-free with normal labs is the ultimate goal! Do you hope to remain on a low maintenance dose or do you plan to stop your AP entirely?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

wonderful to read this inhystyme! 🙂 Thanks for sharing such uplifting news.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

SJJ
    Participant

yay!!! so encouraging! thanks for letting us all know!

Spiffy

Wow! I really needed to hear this today. I just had about 8 gallons of blood taken on Wednesday. This will give me peace of mind as I wait a week for my results. Thank you so much for sharing. It is what keeps us all going!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

frhorngal
    Participant

fantastic news!!!

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.