Home Forums General Discussion Pregnenolone and Dhea

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    flower
    Participant

http://www.futurescience.com/dhea.html
    hello everyone
    someone made use of pregnenolone for arthritis? 🙄

“Pregnenolone was used frequently in the 1940s as an anti-inflammatory medicine for arthritis before the advent of more powerful anti-inflammatory drugs such as the corticosteroids. Animal studies of pregnenolone indicate a powerful memory-enhancing effect. It is not yet known how powerful this effect is in humans, but many people are trying pregnenolone since it already has a long safety record.”

I spoke to a doctor and he told me to integrate it for adrenal fatigue :geek:

Robert
    Participant

hi flower,,,,so where do i get dhea in australia then,,,saw endocrine doc and he told me he does not prescribe it,,,can anyone advise wher get it here?

flower
    Participant

@Robert wrote:

hi flower,,,,so where do i get dhea in australia then,,,saw endocrine doc and he told me he does not prescribe it,,,can anyone advise wher get it here?

Hi Robert have you alredy used DHEA?

why your endocrinologist does not prescribe it?

instead you can find pregnenolone without prescription

richie
    Participant

Hi All controlled studies with DHEA did not show any positive results —the product is pushed hard by supplement mfgs. –Taking steroids is generally a feel good short lived approach and I am sure there are better and more effective steroids on the market –
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

I tried taking a low dose (12.5 mg) of DHEA about 20 years ago. I think I took it for a week, at most. It seemed to make me more aggressive and confrontational, which is why I stopped taking it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

flower
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi All controlled studies with DHEA did not show any positive results —the product is pushed hard by supplement mfgs. –Taking steroids is generally a feel good short lived approach and I am sure there are better and more effective steroids on the market –
    richie

Hi Richie,

yes steroids is more more effective on inflammation but my laboratory’s tests show that my dheas is too low and every time I took it I had many benefits on pain 🙂

What mean “the product is pushed hard by supplement mfgs.” ?

thank you 🙂

“Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a pro-steroidal hormone that decreases with age. Decreases in DHEA levels have been linked to a number of chronic and degenerative diseases including cancer, coronary artery disease, depression, stress disorders, and neurological functioning (Straub 1998). As a result of aging, immunity may become compromised due to dysregulation of cellular hormones (cytokines and growth factors) that govern immune response. Too much or too little of various cytokines produces disease states or compromised responses to various challenges.

In aging animals, the addition of DHEA has normalized deranged cytokine levels, including the primary inflammatory factor interleukin-6 (IL-6) (Araghi-Niknam 1997). In the aged test animals, serum IL-6 was elevated nine-fold from normal. After administration of DHEA or dehydroepiandro-sterone-sulfate (DHEA-S), IL-6 dropped to within 15% of youthful levels. In the same studies, it was shown that antibodies directed toward oneself rose five-fold with aging, but fell by over 50% after 2 weeks on DHEA-S (Spencer 1996).

In a study of ten women with the autoimmune disease Sjogren’s syndrome, all were shown to have decreased serum concentrations of DHEA-S and an increased cortisol/DHEA-S ratio compared with healthy controls (Valtysdottir 2001).”

flower
    Participant

correcting adrenal fatigue is important for the rebalancing of the immune system

DHEA + prenegnolone are important for correcting adrenal fatigue

flower
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

I tried taking a low dose (12.5 mg) of DHEA about 20 years ago. I think I took it for a week, at most. It seemed to make me more aggressive and confrontational, which is why I stopped taking it.

Phil

yes Phil It has these contraindications

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.