Home Forums General Discussion Potential Solution To Reducing Inflammation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Suzy
    Participant

This probably just backs up what many already know here but this could be helpful for those not fully aware……Could this be the same or similiar to reactions in the body that we get from detoxing with Epsom Salts ? If toxins are trapped in the cells and the salt is shrinking the cell then perhaps the toxins get pulled out as well as deactivating inflammation signals? A DOUBLE WHAMMY against Inflammation…YES !! If so, this should serve as a knowledge based piece for those who may be fighting inflammation and wondering what else to do for relief. I would like to see more on this matter………Oh and it says

The researchers also identified that hypertonic solution, which is a solution with an elevated concentration of salt, can ease inflammation purely through bathing in it – proving the Victorians were right to visit spa towns to “take the waters” for ailments like rheumatoid arthritis.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/250538.php

The researchers injected solutions with low ions into mice. They found that these solutions acted as a danger signal, causing cells to swell. The swelling then activates a group of proteins called NLRP3 which then release inflammatory mediators. These activate neighbouring cells to increase inflammation.

However, when a hypertonic solution was administered to the mouse it drew the water out of the cells shrinking them back to their original size. This in turn deactivated the signal for inflammation.

Anyone have anything to add ?……..Suzy

jaminhealth
    Participant

Ruffian, thanks for the tips…think I’ll order some Chlorella….I took it many yrs ago and perhaps I need to try it again with these recent yrs of more inflammation….do you use powder form? jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

I have Kyoto Chlorella with Fermented Turmeric in it on the way….decided to try this Chlorella…hoping the turmeric won’t bother my old ulcer from many yrs ago….Turmeric is supposedly a wonderful anti inflammatory, but I’ve had a hard time taking it due to that older ulcer from a pharma anti inflammatory….maybe being fermented would make a difference….I’ll see.

Then I just got a new bottle of Now Foods Boswellia with 15mg Turmeric Root in the capsule…says to take with a fat containing meal, so I want to be sure of that one….

Ruffian, do you take the AP for your inflammatory issues? For sinus issues mine are history since grape seed extract….no more allergy sinus headaches thanks to grape seed ex….jam

cavalier
    Participant

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/health_stories/Zinc_Deficiency_Seniors/2012/10/02/477812.html?s=al&promo_code=103B0-1

As you age Zinc levels go down – this is felt to be the case in our canine friends too be aware of. What low zinc can cause inflammation is one of them & heart issues along with rising risk for autoimmune conditions & diseases. But if inflammation is involved one should consider Zinc of course be aware that you need to balance zinc with copper but zinc is important as you will read.

Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Been battling candida myself it’s hard to balance this was with eating yogurt & driking Kefir & taking 2 different probiotics at the same time daily – but i still got a bad case of it. I have given a break from AP & I just resumed but am nervous about incuring this again not sure how long i will be able to tolerate, everyone is different.

But do read as well about zinc as well for reduing inflammation but def. the epsom salts & baking soda & sea salt is good for helping in a good soak detox.

Jill

jaminhealth
    Participant

I was telling another person about Theralac who is also dealing with systemic candida, and then I looked at the Theralac ingredients, and was surpised to see grape seed extract in the mix….I’ve been taking grape seed ex for 17 yrs and KNOW it’s made my life so much better in so many ways…I take usually 600mg per day spread thru the day.

Perhaps consider taking more Grape Seed Ex than what’s in the Theralac, could be a small amount in it…

On the zinc, I do take the low amount daily….I don’t deal with candida but enough inflammation.

Doing good so far with the two supps that contain Turmeric….hopefully will continue to do good. I might even be having some detox with the chlorella tabs… jam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.