Home Forums General Discussion Potaba vs Neprinol

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

By the way, the price they charge for this drug is outrageous. I could easily make this drug in my kitchen for very little money (seriously). I could buy the ingredients I need to make it for less than $20.

Hi Phil,

Ever see the”real cost of pharmaceuticals” email fwd that occasionally does the rounds? I don't know how accurate it is, but found this on the Peoples Voice site:

http://liberty.hypermart.net/voices/2003/Actual_Cost_Of_Making_These_Popular_Prescription_Drugs.htm

Check out the “real cost” to manufacture 600mg zithromax tabs and it's mark-up, apparently 2089%!!! 😯 The drug ceilings and price capping that countries with universal health care have on these same drugs also speaks volumes. 

Peace, Maz

ickyvicky
    Participant

Hi Denyse:blush: first i would like to thank u so much for the very helpful info. it is so encouraging to have support from someone who is suffering alike but refuse to give up without a fight. i really wish u and i  recover soon and become maybe what we once were. anyways sorry for all the sentiment. just wanted to tell u i called the pharmaceutical department at my ins co. i got nowr they say they only pay for “non-formulary” but not under my plan cuz im under medicare, u go figure :headbang:.

anyways i found a dfoundation that covers it depending on ur income my Dx needs to fill out the app.

thx

Denyse
    Participant

Glad to hear you found a way to possibly cover the potaba, everything we use can get so expensive.

Keep in touch :blush:

Denyse

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘ Potaba vs Neprinol’ is closed to new replies.