Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    motherbear
    Participant

Hi there,

Bit of a strange one here. My son has yellow poo! I have taken him of his abx since Friday so he has only missed one dose.
    He has nausea but it is strange this loose yellow poo has happened at the same time.
    I do know it is usually a gallbladder, liver or just upset digestive disorder but was wondering if you could lend your thoughts as to whether or not this has anything to do with AP?
    Has anyone had this?

I will get it checked out on Monday but as always I am worring why this is happening.

I have stopped the abx to see if he is hypersenstive. So my thinking is maybe in the three days without his abx his immune system is slowly irradicating the toxins from overload of bacteria die off? Maybe I am just hoping that it is this but it is a bit too coincidental . He has got a small rumbling gut ache. Of course it could just be a bug but where he got that from is a mystery as we are all fine and he hasn’t left the house in three weeks.
    Many thanks.

Caroline

richie
    Participant

Hi–sounds like a plain old stomach bug !!!
    richie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Motherbear,

Just a suggestion, but having suffered with GB probs in the past (prior to AP), a way to check if this is causing the clay-colored stools is to get his liver and pancreatic enzymes tested to check for elevations. If the rumbling gut ache is in his upper right ab quad, right under the right ribs, then it’s likely GB – a stuck stone or GB sludge (which might or might not show up on ultrasound). It’s bile, produced in the GB, that actually gives stools their medium brown color…when there is a blockage, stools will become clay-colored. The way a doc tests for GB with palpation is to ask the patient to breath out, while lying down, and then presses the fingers into the area right below the right rib cage…called “Murphy’s Sign.”

I resolved my GB probs twice now with liver/GB flushing, which also brought my inflam down to normal levels the second time around (which was after I’d developed RA). I’ve been on heavy abx protocols for Lyme and attribute my GB probs to the infections rather than the abx (as my first GB attacks occured prior to abx therapy). Of course, I would not suggest trying this for the first time without consulting a naturopath who can guide him through the process, but just letting you know that it worked really well for me.

This is just pure surmise on my part, but when bugs in the digestive tract are under abx pressure, they revert to forms that confer survivability….e.g. bio-films, cystic forms, L-forms….or, they surround themselves in a heavy coat of cholesterol or calcium. There is now a lot of evidence to suggest that heart disease, for instance, is caused not only by chlamydia pneumoniae, but many other infections, too. In cell-wall-less forms, these bugs become voracious cholesterol consumers. So, initially, they create inflammation, damage surrounding tissues in arterial walls, cholesterol rushes to those areas to patch them up, and these bugs have a ready drive-thru food source coming right at them…voila…sclerotic lesions in the arteries. Cholesterol is manufactured in the liver and the GB is just a little sac hanging off the side of the liver in which bile-rich and cholesterol-rich fluids are stored to squirt into the digestive tract as food passes. So, the GB is another cholesterol-rich repository for bacteria needing this fatty substance and the bugs then wrap it around themselves to form stones….cholesterol stones.

motherbear
    Participant

Hi Maz and Richie,

thanks for your thoughts on this. The obvious thing is a gut bug as you said Richie but I am reserved on that one because of the situation here. No bugs are flying around with the rest of us and my son is so isolated from everything as he can only move around his bedroom and has no outside contact for weeks.Still all said it could be that so I will bear it in mind.

My first thought when he got it was liver damage. He had his blood works for that done only three weeks ago and his levels were normal. GB troubles as you mentioned Maz could be what’s happening but he has no other symptoms even on the rebound test. His eye white are white and he has no signs of jaundice.

All said and done I will have to get his blood work repeated just in case.

It was just too coincidental that this happened just after stopping his abx. My thoughts were (or I was hoping) that his body was now evacuating the die of . He has had no reduction in pain so far. I guess I am just sick of things going wrong for him all the time. He needs a break. If it’s not one thing it’s another.

More blood tests will confirm liver function and GB probs. Hopefully this will all come out ok and then it has to be a stomach bug but God knows where that’s come from. He has never has a bug that caused discolouration to this extent before. Again it would be a best case senario.
    Thanks to you both.
    Caroline.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.