Home Forums General Discussion PLEASE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gatto88
    Participant

Hello to everyone, I am Italian and wanted information about the analyzes to be done to detect bacterial infections to be neutralized.
    I explain to you about a year ago I contracted the PSEUDOMONAS AERUGINOSA + STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS at the tracheal and bronchial level treated with TOBRAMICINA, but after a few months have begun symptoms such as scleroderma raynaud and other gastrointestinal and skin problems. Small I contracted SREPTOCOCCO. Now my question is how do I know which bacterium I have to cure and so what does MINOCIN have to say if maybe he is not responsible for it? In these cases how do do do examinations do doctors do? thank you

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Gatto,

I have sent you the contact details of the one AP doc in Italy who should be able to run the appropriate testing for you, if your rheumatologist or primary care doctor won’t help. In any case, it is not worth waiting to begin minocycline therapy, which is the core treatment for people with scleroderma. It has amazing disease-modifying effects for scleroderma in addition to antimicrobial properties) and the earlier treatment begins, the swifter the results. Working with a doctor who understands infectious causes, like Dr. G., he would also be able to add other complimentary antibiotic treatments if you do test positive for the infections that concern you.

Hope this helps, but try not to delay, because this is a very slow therapy and it can take a year or longer to slow down the scleroderma freight train. I’m sure Richie and other SD AP patients here will comment for you, too. Good luck and hope Dr. G. is a good fit for you. I have spoken with him on numerous occasions and he cares deeply for patients and wants to find root causes of rheumatic diseases.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Gatto(little tom cat)
    I don’t know if we spoke but I have a friend in Italy whose daughter has SD and she is doing fantastically.Dr. P. N. used to post here when his daughter was sick.We still stay in contact and I can ask him if he could speak with you in case the doctor that Maz mentioned is too booked up to help right away.Do you want me to contact him?

RBFV edit: This doctor’s name has been edited to protect his privacy, as per forum guidelines. Please only use doc initials.

Gatto88
    Participant

Maybe it would be great to talk to him. Trust me here in Italy we are very little acquainted with AP so I hope to talk to you sooner than this doctor. Thank you so much

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

O/K I am sending him a message now to read your post here.Just hope he is not on vacation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.