Home Forums General Discussion Please help a newbie…questions about inflammation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jlynne
    Participant

I had my appt yesterday. Dr. and I decided on Plaquenil. She wanted me to discontinue the mino but I told her no. She isn’t a believer in mino for RA.

Today the nurse calls me with my blood results. She said my inflammation markers are normal.

I do not have the results in front of me. I will get them next week when they are sent to me.

My question is if my inflammation is doing well and is being controlled with the Aleve and mino, then why do I need to even start the plaquenil?

I’m new to this so bear with me…..

hbell
    Participant

Hi Jlynne,

Your blood tests can go up and down, dependent upon how you are feeling on the day. I am currently on 200mg Plaquenil daily and 17.5mg MTX/week and 100mg Doxy M/W/F. Unfortunately for me the AP alone was not successful, however I am now powering on and feel fantastic. Because of the drugs I am taking I get blood tests monthly and they have been “normal” for the past 10 months. This does not mean I am in remission as I know the RA lurks not far beneath the surface. If I stop any of these drugs I will be a cripple and in so much pain like I was in 2010. I stay on the Doxy because I believe that it is contributing to my good health (with the help of the other two), but it was not enough on its own. I am very lucky that I am tolerating Plaquenil and MTX extremely well with no side effects, except I may need some nanna naps in the afternoons, lol. I must add that when my Rheumy added the Plaquenil to the mix, my blood tests were normal then. I thought too, why add another drug? Even though my blood tests were normal I still could feel the RA, even though it was not causing me pain it is apparently still causing damage to the joints. All the best.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.