Home Forums General Discussion Please advise

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    motherbear
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping for some advise, encouragement or experience shared by anyone please.
    Here goes…….My son has now been on abx for 4 months. He is on Doxy for AS and up to now has felt better with one herx under his belt.
    All was going well up until about three weeks ago when he got an awful chest infection. He was put on a weeks supply of Erythromycin and stayed on his Doxy. His chest infection cleared but he still felt ill.
    As time has passed on in the last couple of weeks he has had the most awful pain and has found that he can’t rotate his right arm for the first few hours that he is up. It then returns later in the evening.
    The whole day is so painful with muscle weakness in his arms and legs.He says he feels generally unwell.
    I know I am a panicker when something new turns up ie: his arm. Also about a week ago his AP Doc wanted him to increase his Doxy from 100mg M,W and F to 100mg Mon,Tues, Wed, Thur and Fri. So the increase has been upped for about five days.

What I wanted to ask is: Do you think he is herxing?
    Does the herx change in nature every time you have one?
    Could his week of Erthromycin have caused a herx?
    He says he hasn’t had this much pain since the whole thing had started and he thought his condition was getting worse.
    Do you think after three years this could be the case?
    I am so worried as it has been a long time since I have seen him in this much pain.
    Many thanks.
    Caroline

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

It certainly sounds like he is Caroline. Any change in a protocol – especially an increase – can cause herxing. If he is in that much pain, can you perhaps speak to his AP Doc about pulling back on the days/dosage?

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

motherbear
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie,

I so needed to know if you thought it was herxing. What do you mean about pulling back on the days/dosage? Do you mean to stop the increase for a while? He is really only having two 100mg tabs more a week.

Caroline.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

yes – but that is a 66% increase over what he was taking. Really best to speak with the doc. However, intolerable herxing should always be addressed. An experienced APer used to say that the idea is to kill the bugs not the patient ❗ Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

motherbear
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie,

I will have a talk to my son and then the AP Doc. Just one more question if you don’t mind.

If he comes of the increase now and then goes back on it in a few weeks will he automatically herx again as badly as this time?
    I ask because my son saw his last herx through and was determined not to give in because he felt so strongly it would only reoccur again on his next increase.
    Oh boy teenagers!
    Thanks again.

Caroline

PhilC
    Participant

@motherbear wrote:

Could his week of Erthromycin have caused a herx?

Hi Caroline,

Yes, definitely. The doxycyline plus erythromycin combination should have hit the “bugs” rather hard, assuming they are susceptible to both antibiotics.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

motherbear
    Participant

Phil,

thanks for your support again.
    AS can have so many strange physical anomalies that it becomes just scary.
    I am tending to agree with you and Lynnie. It has to be too much of a coincidence for it to be his AS worsening.

Thanks
    Caroline.

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, Caroline:

AS cannot be properly treated without very strict attention to diet.

It is a mass-action issue and the proliferation of the antagonistic germ is considerable due to the average diet, and this is focused in the gut and then transferred into the systems of abnormal elimination (dross), not systemic.

The combination of strict diet plus antibiotics will eliminate all symptoms of AS and even prevent damage, long-term, but one will not work so well without the other.

1) No, this is NOT A HERX
    2) Not usually; a HERX is a HERX pretty much like a mini-flare with flu symptoms
    3) No, (IMHO) it caused a breakdown of the intestinal lining (mucosa) re-activating semi-dormant lesions
    4) Improperly treated, AS will only get worse; NSAIDs compromise the gut and can greatly accelerate this disease

Don’t worry; he can get better if he will; it takes strong discipline. You can write to me if You are interested in fasting and my own AP for AS: anzaltopo@yahoo.com

Thank You, for working so hard for Your son, a fellow sufferer, may You both have much restored health, and his shall be by force of his own will,

John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.