Home Forums General Discussion placquenil use how long does it take??

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Thanks Bonnie,
    You reminded me to get that baseline eye exam. Lucky you to have a hubby in the business. ๐Ÿ˜€ I remain hopeful that this will work. So glad you are doing so well. That is fantastic. I have taken a couple of yoga classes here and there and have a great little yoga studio very close to our home. I had always thought I should take yoga with my swimming. Right now lucky to put my own coat on. You give me hope if you could get through this last winter without any problems ๐Ÿ™‚
    Warm regards,
    Patti

A Friend
    Participant

@Patti D wrote:

Hi Lynnie,

You know it really makes me feel all comfy to hear from my friends who got me through the first round of misery 7 years ago. I fell lucky that I felt so good for just about all of those 7 years minus a few bad days here and there but Maz did warn me and say with the lyme onset most people had a combination of medications to hit all of the bugs. I was looking at Bonnie Lou’s because she was diagnosed at the same time as I was and she too had to add the plaque nil so. 4-6 weeks is very stinky. I walk around the house attached to 2 heating pads at all times ๐Ÿ˜ก I am on week four and don’t think I can take this much longer without relief from the cortisone injections.
    Tried acupuncture and chinese herbs that I seemed to have had an allergic reaction too. Trouble breathing and rapid pulse. When I start to feel like me again I may take up yoga. Thank you Lynnie for still being here ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Patti,
    Good to see your pretty face on the board, but sorry you are not doing well. So glad you are getting some relief, at least temporarily. I encourage you to do a search at top of General Discussion Topics to learn and possibly get some ideas about how you can change diet, possibly do some detoxing and help your liver do what it needs to do, and possibly learn new information about helpful supplements/combinations. My hope for all of us is that we learn/understand what can give us healthy bodies for the longhaul. By the way, do you associate your present symptoms with anything new you’ve done? Or possibly a buildup of something your body is not able to detox naturally.

If you do that search, you might review the “lemon/olive oil cleanse” and do that nightly for a while. Also, how long have you been taking the D-3? I was doing so very well in January 2013 when I went for my annual checkup. My labs were the best ever. And then my primary care physician (for the dozen-th time) encouraged me to take high-dose Vitamin D-3. So, “Mary Poppins” (I call myself this when I’m feeling great) decided to do what he wanted her to do. Within about 5 days, all over my back started itching like crazy, but I couldn’t figure it out. Then, as I recall, several days later, I had to RUSH to the necessary room during breakfast. And I continued to live this way (sometimes not making it there) for the greater part of 2013 even though I immediately stopped the D-3. Apparently it had unleashed a sleeping giant.

As it turned out the last day of the year, an important clue related to this abruptly stopped the problem (and shocked me!). Which causes me to ask you, are you still taking any antibiotics (or other products) to address your lyme infection symptoms? I’ve read quite a few isolated pieces of research this past year that indicates that sometimes our bodies can “wall off” various unfriendly organisms in hidden/protected places for long periods of time — and then something we do or take, or something happens when the hidden infection can no longer be contained in its temporary hiding place. This seems definitely to be what had happened to me, and my dental x-ray spotted the dark spot (an infection in the molar root). And then when I had to have an extraction of the molar, I refused a root canal, and had to take temporary large dose of abx followed my 3 abx a day for a week, this stopped the IBS-like problems immediately. Am wondering if you might have some hidden lyme organisms that can suddenly be causing your problems???

EDIT added: Just did the search mentioned to you above, and found a post by Maz that has more information on this same subject of hidden infections… am pasting the link to it here.
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9498&p=69854&hilit=hidden+infection#p69854

Look forward to hearing you are doing much better soon!

AF

Patti D
    Participant

Hi AF,

This response is long over due and for that I am sorry. As always you have a wealth of information. Because it was summer I basically dropped my D-3 from 5000/day to about 5000 a week. I was outside so much that I figured the sun was providing plenty. I will start up again. I am better on the placquenil but still having problems. This time tendonitis , trigger finger and synovitis in one ankle. More shots of cortisone yesterday. The doctor told me it was a common side effect ( tendonitis and trigger finger from placquenil. That stinks. I am having more better days now but this flare I believe started in March and has only slowed down . I will keep checking the board for more new information.

Thanks AF
    Stay well!
    PattiD

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.