Home Forums General Discussion Physician Consulting Physician

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cangirl
    Participant

Hello Everyone:
    I am new to RA (March,2013) and have a question regarding doctors.
    I will be seeing my pain doctor next week and I am armed with a wealth of information to present on the AP therapy. He seems to be fairly open-minded and I am hoping that he will go ahead with it. I would like to have as much information as possible for him.
    I was wondering if there was a specific number to call should he want to consult with an AP physician?
    I live in Ontario, Canada and am not familiar with any doctors here that have an RA-AP practice. I am sure that there are some. This is all new to me and I just am not aware at this time.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kelee- Canada

Maz
    Keymaster

@Cangirl wrote:

I was wondering if there was a specific number to call should he want to consult with an AP physician?
    I live in Ontario, Canada and am not familiar with any doctors here that have an RA-AP practice. I am sure that there are some.

Hi Kelee,

A warm welcome to you! 🙂

If you send me an email, I’d be happy to send you a physician listing for Ontario and also Dr. S’s contact info for your doc to consult with him on the therapy.

If your doc is open to doing this, can you also ask him if we can add him to our physician list for other rheumatic patients seeking AP? Canada is sorely short of AP docs and we’re trying to build on this list for Canucks. These physician lists are reliant upon feedback we get from the patients seeing these docs as well as docs asking us directly to add them. I’m Canadian/Brit (living in the US) and not entirely sure why there are so few docs in Canada, except that it may be largely due to the health system – fewer private docs offering alternative health services and perhaps the need for docs to follows “standards of care” more rigidly? Thanks!

maz@roadback.org

DianaW13
    Participant

Hi Kelee

Welcome to the forum. I live in Ontario also. May I ask where in Ontario you are?

I couldn’t find an AP doctor in the Ottawa area where I am from, but my after approaching my GP, he was willing to prescribe the Minocycline for me. I have had to become fairly well versed in the protocol through the book and the wonderful people on this forum, as well as contacting Dr. S every few months to help me “tweak” whenever needed.

All the best to you Kelee, please keep us posted!

Diana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.