Home Forums General Discussion PFC’s Linked to Arthritis/Joint Damage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Here it is again, Teflon and the likes in
    our non-stick fast paced life…

cavalier
    Participant

Jammin – A quik word on Cast Iron pots as I too used them for many years avoiding Teflon…

If you do some research on cast iron cookware the cast iron leaches into the food – if you are younger than 50 yr’s old this is OK & is a good source of iron BUT if you are past 50 it’s too much iron our bodies supposedly no longer need this & is called a oxidizer at this age & is not good for us according to various sites. Oxidization contributes to aging & inflammation increasing risk of a inflammatory type disease of which most Rheumatic diseases have this component to them. This ozidation goes up if you cook any tomato products in a cast iron pot as the acid leaches this out even more.

As to Stainless while I still use them myself – they say there is nickel in SS pots & this too can cause issues, Nickel has been felt by some sites to be a risk or trigger to causing SD. However, I am not sure since the surfaces are not porous or typically flaking, if this is a big factor as much as it could be from a SS crown in the mouth leaching.

What I have read says porcelain cookware is the safest or glass, but even enamel covered cookward like the speckled enamel ware has some toxic components supposedly in it cant remember what now. Glass is hard to control the heat on.

Decide for yourself after you look into this after doing a web search, but wanted to pass this on.

Teflon pans I have told my son but they continue to use them, they should be outlawed in my opinion, but big money behind the manufacturing …

Flouride has a back door connection to many of us in that Thyroid is one master gland that helps us regulate our immune system & is a player in protecting us from Autoimmune or Rheumatic diseases in being expressed in some cases, so one should be aware of what is written about Flouride.

Best – Jill SD, Lyme & CPn

cavalier
    Participant

I should add most of us dealing with a Rheumatic disease dont need to increase our toxic load which thereby hinders our immune systems further & increases our chances for more coinfections to deal with.

Jill SD, Lyme & CPn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.