Home Forums General Discussion Persistent inflammation in right shoulder.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hollyanna
    Participant

No matter which way you look at it, mine is a success story. I am VASTLY improved with 8 months (so far) of antibiotic therapy. I am so thrilled with my recovery that it is hard to look at the one area that has not really improved – one shoulder remains swollen and stiff. The inflammation will not allow me to lift my shoulder properly. I’m just wondering if anyone out there has had one persistent area of inflammation and, if so, what sort of remedy might have worked for you. Thanks!

Hollyanna
    i had a terrible shoulder problem that was caused by the intake of starch, was in agony with it. I eventually found out by removing it from my diet and the pain was under control. That does not mean yours is the same but certainly worth a try.
    I also noted two people I knew, who had shoulder problems which seemed to be tied up with mycoplasma hominus. Now I dont know much about this either but if the case, maybe an increase in your dosage might help. You did not say what dose you were on but 8 months treatment and improving sounds like keep going, its working. The pain is what gets you.
    going back to the starch, I had to give up bread altogether and learnt to eat rice (gluten free) which I removed the starch from which made an enormous difference. Sugar also was a big contender. Hope this helps.

Maz
    Keymaster

@hollyanna wrote:

No matter which way you look at it, mine is a success story. I am VASTLY improved with 8 months (so far) of antibiotic therapy. I am so thrilled with my recovery that it is hard to look at the one area that has not really improved – one shoulder remains swollen and stiff. The inflammation will not allow me to lift my shoulder properly. I’m just wondering if anyone out there has had one persistent area of inflammation and, if so, what sort of remedy might have worked for you.

Hi Holly,

You really are a SUCCESS story! Eight months in is still relatively early days (Brown often said it could take 2 to 5 years for RAers to reach remission), so you’ve come a long, long way in a very short space of time. I know how frustrating it can be to come so far and still have one pesky joint that plays up – in my case, it has been my right knee all along – my one remaining “Custer’s Last Stand,” dodgy joint. Although I was extremely severe with every joint affected, including my jaw (spine spared), I have not used a single immune-suppressive medication – just abx therapy and I am still a work in progress at the 5 year mark. This one remaining joint, however, is vastly improved this past 6 months since I have been using anti-parasitic meds and focusing heavily on detoxing. I tend to be a slow learner and approach most things in a measured way, researching everything to death until I decide to try something! However, in retrospect, I do regret not spending more time on learning how to detox sooner. I think it would have sped my progress more swiftly, without doubt.

Especially in the case of Lyme, I have learned the hard way that detoxing is absolutely essential to eliminate circulating inflammatory bacterial toxins. Have you been able to do any research on this and to try anything in this regard?

I also second Rosemary thoughts – what about diet?

In my first year, when my shoulders were frozen, physical therapy helped enormously, as well as ultrasound therapy that required a script from my LLMD. However, I’ve got to say that detoxing has provided the most significant help in terms of reducing inflam.

A few of the most amazing anti-inflam detox methods I’ve found have worked for me to date have been (and I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t tried them): far infrared sauna, boosting glutathione (intermittent glutathione IV pushes quench inflam overnight), IV Myer’s Cocktails, coffee enemas, liver/GB flushing….but there are so many ways to detoxify and each person will find what works best for them, as we are all so unique.

Are you working with a doc who can assist you in this way, Holly?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hollyanna – many congratulations on such an improvement and so quickly! I second both the above suggestions. I suffered greatly from swollen, painful and frozen shoulders – sometimes one, sometimes bi-lateral. Dietary changes have made all the difference in this regard. Hope you find an answer and see even more improvements very soon.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

hollyanna
    Participant

Thank you all – I suspected that diet would be my next hurdle and you wise women seem to be backing me up on that. Thank you for your caring and for your replies. I’ll keep you posted!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Hollyanna,

Here’s something else to consider:

WWDBD = “What would Dr. Brown do?”

If Dr. Brown were still alive, and you went to see him, what would he probably do to help you? I think he might inject your shoulder with dexamethasone and clindamycin.

See: Injecting the Joint

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

hollyanna
    Participant

Interesting – Phil, last time I mentioned it to my doctor, he said something about an injection. Unfortunately, I live in Georgia and he lives in New York (it’s nearly impossible to find an LLMD in Georgia). So, I bet I will get that injection the next time I see him (March 2012). Thank you for the link, too. I will read it and then discuss it my my doctor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.