Home Forums General Discussion Pediatric Neurologist recommendations for Cleveland Clinic

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kseevers
    Participant

I haven’t posted for awhile — Sorry ! For those of you who don’t know us here’s a short recap. We have an 8 year old son diagnosed with En coup de sabre with an area of concern in his Thalamus. He’s currently on 1tsp Amoxicillin twice a day and a probiotic. His last MRI showed a1 mm reduction in the area of concern in his Thalamus and because of that his Neurologist didn’t feel it was necessary to another one and I disagreed & she reluctantly gave us an order and our appt is in January. Our pediatrician would like for us to take him to the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion — Any suggestions ?

Maz
    Keymaster

Kathy, the Cleveland Clinic has been posted about here in the past, so if you type it into the search box you may find a poster who has experience of this clinic, though I think most folks who go there for work-ups would more than likely be seeing a rheumy…that said, it’s possible someone was referred out to a neurologist there, too, so hope someone will see this for you and respond.

I ran a search on google and came up with a lady who writes a blog and her search for a Lyme-friendly neurologist in PA for her child. She seems to have lots of connections with the Lyme physician community (a number of whom are neurologists due to manifestations such as Parkinsons, MS, ALS, etc), so you may find her a good resource, if you can somehow connect.

http://gotlyme.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/finding-a-doctor-2/

Other than this, there is one LLMD listed for Lancaster, PA, who specializes in Neuro-Opthamology, but this may be too specific for you. Other than this, can only think of a neurologist at Columbia who may be a good option, though it’s a hike to NYC and you’d have to check if she sees pediatric cases. Were you thinking of possibly traveling, if necessary?

Would also suggest emailing the Tickborne Diseases Alliance to see what new neuros they may have listed, if any, in Ohio:

http://tbdalliance.org/treatment/find-a-medical-professional

What does your son’s LLMD say in terms of neuro referrals? Maybe he has connections that could help?

kseevers
    Participant

Thanks Maz I’m checking all your leads out !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.