Home Forums General Discussion Pain/swelling peak 2-3 hours after waking. Why??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    Participant

Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving! Lately my daughter is having more pain and swelling 🙁 The odd thing is that it used to be worst when she woke and then gradually, slowly get better as the day went on. Lately, she is still sore and slightly swollen on getting up in am, but after 2 hours you can see the swelling in hands and feet get noticeably worse. And the pain level goes way up too. Then it gradually goes down in afternoon. Anyone else experience this? Does it mean anything? Sometimes she doesn’t take her krill til nite. Any info is so appreciated.
    We wish good health to all here and hope you enjoy the holiday.

jasregadoo

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Grace.

My thought about your daughter’s swelling getting worse in the morning is that perhaps it is a reaction to something. Has she changed what she eats for breakfast? Is she taking any different supplements than she used to take? Has she increased her vitamin D or is she taking turmeric or something like that? I might try eliminating any supplements for a few days first, and see if that changes anything. If not, then start looking at her diet and see if you can find something that might be causing the reaction.

Or maybe it’s not a reaction at all, but that’s my first thought. Good luck!

Grace
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas Jaz! Nothing has changed that we can identify. Just saw rheumi yesterday. Told him how swelling gets worse by 10am thru 1pm. He said, “Huh, that’s unusual”. Haha. Guess we gotta keep our sense of humor? Still can’t find any info online about this, but I’ll keep looking.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Grace,

Can you kindly share a little bit about your daughter’s age, diagnosis and the medications she is using? If using AP, can you let us know doses, type of antibiotic(s) and time of day she takes her medications? There could be some answers and solutions, but a bit more detail would greatly help us all to respond.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.