Home Forums General Discussion "Our Road Back" book now available on Amazon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

The book is a compilation of Dr. S’s patient’s stories and their personal accounts of being treated with antibiotic therapy for their rheumatic disease. It is now available for purchase on Amazon.com 🙂

“Our Road Back: A Collection of Personal Accounts from Patients with Connective Tissue Diseases Treated with Antibiotic Therapies (Volume 1) [Paperback]”

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Good news!! Thanks for posting.

Jan

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Thank you for this Maz. I am sooooooooo looking forward to reading this book…..x

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

My library has ordered it. Good.

Jan

JOJO19551
    Participant

It is also available on your kindle. I am very anxious to read it.

JoAnn

Michele
    Participant

Wonderful news Maz! Thanks for letting us know.

My impression is that Hanna did a lot of digging to recover the stories of Dr. S’s patients. When she contacted me, she mentioned that the spiral bound notebooks of hand-written stories from Dr. S’s patients were missing from the hotel(s). I vaguely recall it’s because the hotel changed ownership. ❓ Many kudos to her for all of her work. I remember how touching all of those hand-written stories were when I was in Ida Grove. I look forward to reading her book!

Michele

A Friend
    Participant

@Michele wrote:

Wonderful news Maz! Thanks for letting us know.

My impression is that Hanna did a lot of digging to recover the stories of Dr. S’s patients. When she contacted me, she mentioned that the spiral bound notebooks of hand-written stories from Dr. S’s patients were missing from the hotel(s). I vaguely recall it’s because the hotel changed ownership. ❓ Many kudos to her for all of her work. I remember how touching all of those hand-written stories were when I was in Ida Grove. I look forward to reading her book!

Michele

Hi Michele,
    I just read your note above about Dr. Hanna digging to recover the stories of Dr. S’s patients. At one annual meeting of the Road Back Foundation, Dr. Sinnott was to be honored. One day I called Carol (an owner or manager of the Delux Motel) for some information, when I had been asked to write a story for the Intercessor, a publication of the Road Back Foundation a few years ago. Carol told me someone had contacted her about getting the books back then and copying them for a booklet to be presented to Dr. Sinnott. I was very touched when she told me about that. At my last visit to Ida Grove (after going there every 6 months for 2-1/2 years), I decided I wanted to get a spiral notebook and write my own AP story, and have it there for other patients to read and add their stories. Carol had promised to get a new composition book each time one was filled. The last time I talked with her, she told me several had been filled, and said the patients loved reading them. An early form of the BB??? It’s so exciting about the publication of the new book. I tried to order several today through Barnes and Noble, but they couldn’t access ordering information. So, tomorrow I plan to order one from Amazon. Can’t wait to read it!
    Best to all of you,
    AF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.